1987 185t foxfire.

Hi I will be new to the boating world when I find a boat to buy. With today’s market it’s hard to find something. I’m mainly looking for a started boat to see if me and my family would enjoy it. I want to fish and kids want to fish and tube, so I’m thinking a fish and ski.

Guy is offering me a 1987 Charger 185t foxfire. It has a 1987 Yamaha 150 on it and it has the walkthrough windshield. He’s the original owner and says it’s in great shape and water ready. 1st question, am I crazy for even considering such an old boat? 2nd, what is value? Third once I’m done with it will it be hard to sell? TIA

2. Member
    I would have the motor checked out first. Don’t let the age scare you, they are solid boats. I would say $4-5 grand maybe a little more?

3. Member
    I have a boat about the same age, it runs great. Don't let the AGE scare ya.. I have an 1989 195 with a 1988 Yamaha PRO-V 150. I fish and my kids tube behind it, it is great for both. the 185 will be a little smaller, but should RUN great and be plenty fast with a 150 in it. mine isn't a speed demon, but I am happy with how it runs and jumps out of the HOLE. I normally get about 54 MPH out of it, I have a 23 Pitch YAMAHA SS prop on it.