Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eros View Post
    Welcome to America...one which preys on the less fortunate.
    Really,

Even the most less fortunate in this country have more access to life needs and properties than many in other countries are even allowed to have much less pay to have.
    The best thing that ever happened to any of us was to be born a USA Citizen. Yeah your situation is challenging, now go figure it out.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie-Raven View Post
    Might not be a necessity but who are they to tell anyone what you can and can't own if not illegal? Like said he can have a mansion and luxury car but no boat. Why not an affordable house, car and boat? Makes no sense and I would find a work around.
    They are trying to stop abuse of the system, although it still happens biggly.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

I could not ask someone to put my boat in their name.....besides thats against the law too. There is a five year period they can look into for this type of activity. There are spies everywhere. They can rewarded 10% of the fraudulent amount you have to pay back. There are even individuals here in this forum that would turn you in. There are haters in every forum this one is no exception. I decided not to by the boat. But let thee be known...I am very contentious about this. I'm signing off.
    Maybe just have friends with boats like most people do? Or is that not an option for you?

Buy a house boat.
    " Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

The BBC Dogpile

6. Member
    Post this in the Lounge. You will get a lot more information there.
    Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.

--Voltaire

7. ZO6
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnfireman View Post
    If this is directed to me---I'm a Retired fireman thats proud to live in AMERICA.. Whom is a diabetic, but rather than depend on the gov't to pay my way I've worked two to three jobs for more than 45 years. Not to mention a great wife who spent 37 years at the local PD to help pad our golden years.

For your question... Any fire dep't that cares-- has a set of procedures that must be in place before ANYONE makes entry. The key to a long career in the fire service is to not be STUPID.
    Thanks for being there ...... especially when you were needed.

Democrats complain about protecting those lower income and Republicans have done nothing to reverse this slide.

The entire system is outdated and we keep those over 62 in poverty by not allowing them to make X at Y age, reducing their Medicaid and restricting Social Security of those which were often lower income before they drew it. Go make a few bucks, and they kick you off the Medicaid system. It creates Gramma working cleaning houses for cash and Pops mowing grass for $35 a yard.

Your right, though most miss that that the system is broken. It’s not about the luxury car, it’s about the entire scenario from the Federal Governemnt down.

9. Member
    Welcome to America...one which preys on the less fortunate.
    I highly disagree.

10. Member
    Good luck!! Just learn to manipulate the system like some people can.

11. Banned
    The system isn't broken. It's working the way it's supposed to work.

I think the best work around would be to buy a Nitro.
    I don’t think anyone would consider that an asset.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    Democrats complain about protecting those lower income and Republicans have done nothing to reverse this slide.

The entire system is outdated and we keep those over 62 in poverty by not allowing them to make X at Y age, reducing their Medicaid and restricting Social Security of those which were often lower income before they drew it. Go make a few bucks, and they kick you off the Medicaid system. It creates Gramma working cleaning houses for cash and Pops mowing grass for $35 a yard.

Your right, though most miss that that the system is broken. It’s not about the luxury car, it’s about the entire scenario from the Federal Governemnt down.
    Did you mean Medicare? There is a 30% penalty by drawing at 62, and indeed take a tax penalty for earning more than 18,900.00 a year. Seems like the means test for Medicaid is 1500.00 a month? Moms can earn ore to qualify. I don't think there is an income limit drawing Medicare after 67.

I have several clients on Medicaid. Not ONE...NONE of them live in anything remotely appears to be a "mansion". Most live in poverty and drive old vehicles. I bet 80% are smokers, at least my clients here in TN and Southern KY.

https://www.policygenius.com/blog/a-...e-to-medicaid/

My mom was self employed most of her life, paid in serious amounts of taxes in her lifetime. Since she did not take advice on the 5 year look back her husband now drives a KIA and lives in a small (for them) home in Alabama. Half of all their money went to pay for her 8500 a month nursing home before Medicaid and Medicare along with her Social Security kicked in to pay for the home.

Geeze, just rent a pontoon boat or whatever at a local marina and go fishing once or twice a month if the OP can squeeze it in his budget.
    2006 Triton TR-21 XD, Mercury 225 Pro XS, S/N 1B287870

15. Member
    It's not the taxpayers responsibility to pay for nursing homes and prescription costs of those that did not plan for accordingly.
    Why should we have to pay these bills so someone can live in a nice house or drive a nice car.
    medicaid is welfare and designed for the indigent.

16. Member
    Put boat in a trust,
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

17. Member
    My younger brother has Downs Syndrome, and has been on Medicaid all his life. Same rules as yours, except he can’t drive, and has never been fortunate enough to own a house. Still, he is grateful for what he gets. Medicaid is not perfect, but it gave him enough support, that he could live his life.

You get Social Security, and it covers $2000 a month in medical cost, and you’re complaining you can’t own a boat? It sucks you can’t have a boat in your name, but looking at the big picture, health is much more important than a boat. Besides, you could get a Jon boat and a motor for a low enough price it would fly under the radar.

Pops mowing grass for $35 a yard.
    And what's wrong with that ?? Been mowing yards for 35 years to pay for my fishing habit and put kids through college.
    Keeps me active while earning my own keep not to mention the exercise along with a good diet keeps my DIABETES in check !!

LIFE IS WHAT YOU MAKE IT !

I think we skipped the first requirement, low income. Also like how certain things are omitted from this argument. Also the asset exemption includes any cash, stocks or bonds and few other things. Assuming all your assets are under the 3k limit.

I think the intent here is clear.

Kinda curious on what boat you plan to buy?
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

Quote Originally Posted by cart7 View Post
    I think the best work around would be to buy a Nitro.
    I don’t think anyone would consider that an asset.

hahahahahahahahhahaaa. Thanks for that. Proud owner of two Nitros...but that nearly put coffee through my nose.
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast