So Your sayin I gotta chance!

Update post hip surgery week 5 after being told it would be 4 months before I could swing a club.
    Now looks like 6 weeks (which will be next week) to chip and putt and short irons. No driver or hard swings.
    Just in time for my other hip surgery which should be about 2-3 weeks after that and then another 5-6 week layoff.
    That will be my third a surgery for the year and hopefully the last for many years.

I can honestly say I did not miss playing golf this early spring with all the winter kill and normally dead Bermuda and lots of rain. I have enjoyed watching golf on TV some-especially Phil at the PGA. I have missed getting out with the wife on Sundays and evenings. But now that fishing is starting to suck as water warms and it becomes a very early and very late bite time, I am feeling the urge to get out and strike that little white ball.

I did get my boat out quite a bit the several weeks before surgery and the last two weeks.
    Best trip was 4 days with Grandson on Bull Shoals with 93 bass, mostly smallies up to 3 lbs.
    It was my first time to take my boat to Bull Shoals and my first time to be back on that lake since 1970ish.

I will still have to fight Polymyalgia Rheumatica with long term steroid treatment but it is worth whatever it brings me in side effects to get rid of muscle and joint pain PMR brings.

But I am looking forward to golf again. It is terrible to have something taken away from you that is such an enjoyable part of your life. I am lucky to be able to get it back. Enjoy every day my friends!

2. Member
    Praise the Lord....glad you will be able to get back to doing things you enjoy.

3. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    Take your time and let your hip heal. I learned that lesson when I hurt my elbow in 2019 and I kept playing and practicing.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel1 View Post
    Take your time and let your hip heal. I learned that lesson when I hurt my elbow in 2019 and I kept playing and practicing.
    Turns out you are correct. Doc said today no chipping and putting until 3 months. 4-5 months before swing any other clubs. Grrrrr! Back to fishing for me!

5. Member
    Yea, take it easy on the recovery. I'm lookin at bone spur and rotator cuff surgery on my right shoulder in the near future, ugh. I'm averaging a surgery a year the last 3 years.