Clean Power Capital Corp. (OTC: MOTNF) full focus on hydrogen

I have been accumulating this company for a while due to Andretti Racing Group major investment, and finally they are getting very serious about making and distributing hydrogen, which in my opinion is the next truly viable alternative energy source.

This is from Raghu Kilambi, the CEO of Clean Power, stated "We are excited to transition to becoming a single purpose company to focus solely on the hydrogen fueling technology business. This transition signals to the market that we are fully committed to growing our business to become one of the leaders in the hydrogen fueling industry. With our focus being directly targeted to the development of our PowerTap 3.0 hydrogen dispensing units and the subsequent roll-out at gas stations and truck stops, we look forward to sharing our advancements to the market as milestones are achieved.”

2. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Just my opinion, but I think there are a few problems with hydrogen as a fuel. Have you seen anything in terms of the cost of making the hydrogen and then getting it to a fuel terminal. When researching NKLA, I think I had read that hydrogen as a fuel is very costly. Another issue that I came across was the lifespan of components that used hydrogen as a fuel.

I think Toyota has a hydrogen fuel cell car that has been around for many years. Has there been any progress? Why hasn't that car become more mainstream?
    Thanos was the hero

3. Member
    GM has had hydrogen cars for yrs, which started in Rochester, NY with the plant that Plug Power just took over. Clean Power already has many distribution stations, and with the addition of the stations Andretti Racing Group is bringing in, it will greatly expand their footprint, which doesn't account for the East coast stations being added at later time.
    NKLA self promotion was very questionable at best, which is the reason GM dropped them, but there are carriers on the road now with converted semis running without much issue. I believe that alternative fuels will present a variable landscape, with hydrogen being used mostly for heavier transportation and equipment. Cat and Case both have hybrids of electric and hydrogen.

4. Member
    Reading clean power’s website, they discuss carbon credits being a big revenue driver for the next several years.

In California, all they only have to install Hydrogen fueling capacity, to qualify for credits.

They are claiming, they have small point-of-use units and plan to install multiply units. Since they will get carbon credit revenue, they can install capacity, without having to sell actual hydrogen.

I think that is only viable path. Without a supply infrastructure, hydrogen vehicles sales cannot increase. Without sale of vehicles, there is no demand for hydrogen.

5. Member
    Then, I read about HydroGraph Clean Power.

This company indicates they can make graphene, hydrogen, and other components, in their process.

The graphene is supposed to be the key to revenue. The hydrogen is an added revenue.

6. Member
    Bank of America says hydrogen technology is at a tipping point and could be set to explode with a total market potential reaching $11 trillion by 2050.

7. Member
    “Green ammonia” is now being viewed as the holy grail of these superfuels, which would make hydrogen cheaper and more prevalent.

The ideal hydrogen carrier, ammonia may be used in the future to power everything from cars to vans, trucks, forklifts… even ships and jets.

All thanks to ammonia’s unique properties including being much safer to transport than hydrogen as well as being a much better hydrogen carrier than even liquefied hydrogen itself.

This is another company that I am building up another position. AmmPower Corp (OTC: AMMPF) is a developer of innovative, proprietary technology aimed at efficiently producing green ammonia and hydrogen based alternative fuel options for industrial-scale transportation platforms. AmmPower is targeting the marine, rail, and large volume cargo logistics sectors. Today, over 120 global marine transhipment ports have built, or are building scalable ammonia handling facilities.

8. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    As an engineer, my Spidey senses tingle when I read their stuff. My big concern is practicality. Making things work at high volume/low cost is always the problem with new and speculative technologies.

When you hit it big, let me know if you need somebody to set up your entertainment systems at your compound in the Caribbean! I may be skeptical, but I learn fast!
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

9. Member
    Catfan,
    I know that many things these days seem speculative and long shot at best, but how do you explain walking around with a computer in your pocket basically, that 30 yrs ago someone would have thought to be impossible. Look at TM today vs a decade ago, and tell me that we didn't all think of it but futuristic even just a few yrs ago. BTW, I still run my trusted MG Digital 82# 24V due to its reliability with all the power and features I need, yet, I know that there is companies out there looking to make all the power on my rig EV.

I believe that things will change, but not only in 1 direction, since this is the latest study in CA.

Roughly 20% of electric vehicle owners in California replaced their cars with gas ones, a recent study shows.
    The main reason drivers made the switch was the inconvenience of charging. Standard home outlets generally deliver 120 volts, powering what electric vehicle aficionados call "Level 1" charging, while the higher-powered specialty connections at 240 volts are known as "Level 2." By comparison, Tesla's "Superchargers," which can fully charge its cars in a little over an hour, run on 480 volts.
    Of those who switched, over 70% lacked access to Level 2 charging at home, and slightly fewer than that lacked Level 2 connections at their workplace.

I know that there is a lot of people that believe EV is the only way to go, but until the proper infrastructure is in place, it will be a slow go at best, just like it was in the 1900's for ICE.
    Just like today, we have gasoline, diesel, CNG, LP, ect., I believe the future will be a mixed of things with some fitting the purpose while others will fade off.

10. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by digthemup View Post
    Catfan,
    I know that many things these days seem speculative and long shot at best, but how do you explain walking around with a computer in your pocket basically, that 30 yrs ago someone would have thought to be impossible. Look at TM today vs a decade ago, and tell me that we didn't all think of it but futuristic even just a few yrs ago. BTW, I still run my trusted MG Digital 82# 24V due to its reliability with all the power and features I need, yet, I know that there is companies out there looking to make all the power on my rig EV.

I believe that things will change, but not only in 1 direction, since this is the latest study in CA.

Roughly 20% of electric vehicle owners in California replaced their cars with gas ones, a recent study shows.
    The main reason drivers made the switch was the inconvenience of charging. Standard home outlets generally deliver 120 volts, powering what electric vehicle aficionados call "Level 1" charging, while the higher-powered specialty connections at 240 volts are known as "Level 2." By comparison, Tesla's "Superchargers," which can fully charge its cars in a little over an hour, run on 480 volts.
    Of those who switched, over 70% lacked access to Level 2 charging at home, and slightly fewer than that lacked Level 2 connections at their workplace.

I know that there is a lot of people that believe EV is the only way to go, but until the proper infrastructure is in place, it will be a slow go at best, just like it was in the 1900's for ICE.
    Just like today, we have gasoline, diesel, CNG, LP, ect., I believe the future will be a mixed of things with some fitting the purpose while others will fade off.
    Modern trolling motors aren’t anything new. Military platforms have done things like spot lock and using brushless motors since before GPS when a local position reference was required. I worked on a system in the 80s with several brushless electric motors and high accuracy position and orientation control. Bringing them to market just required waiting on component prices to be reasonable.

Similar with cell phones. The tech has been refined, but the ideas used to make it work are nothing new. The only real impediment to implementing such a product was realizing the potential of the web.

Using hydrogen to power vehicles is an understood process, but it suffers from the energy required to produce hydrogen and the precious metals required to manufacture fuel cells and to generate hydrogen.

With current technologies, hydrogen is too expensive, not green enough and too complex to enter daily use. It will require a breakthrough technological discovery to make it practical.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CatFan View Post
    Modern trolling motors aren’t anything new. Military platforms have done things like spot lock and using brushless motors since before GPS when a local position reference was required. I worked on a system in the 80s with several brushless electric motors and high accuracy position and orientation control. Bringing them to market just required waiting on component prices to be reasonable.

Similar with cell phones. The tech has been refined, but the ideas used to make it work are nothing new. The only real impediment to implementing such a product was realizing the potential of the web.

Using hydrogen to power vehicles is an understood process, but it suffers from the energy required to produce hydrogen and the precious metals required to manufacture fuel cells and to generate hydrogen.

With current technologies, hydrogen is too expensive, not green enough and too complex to enter daily use. It will require a breakthrough technological discovery to make it practical.
    Already in the works. Please read my #7 post. When I first read it, I thought it was pure fiction, but the deeper I looked into it, it made me decide to start a small position of 5K shares. Not much but you got to start somewhere, right.