Idle water pressure on 2020 Pro XS

serial #2B685016 I have a 2020 200 Pro XS and was wondering what the idle water pressure should be in neutral? I know what the book says but mine doesn't get as high as they say especially when warm. I have never gotten a warning but just being cautious. I replaced the water pump and it did come up a little but ranges from .4 to 1.2. anyone seen this? Going down the lake it is in the high 20s. I tried to get dealer to look at and that was a joke at lest 6 weeks and a month for parts.

2. Member
    I was told by my dealer that an alarm will sound if the block water pressure gets to low. Unless there is an alarm going off run it till it blows then it mercury’s Probably lol as long as it under warranty, I wish they would come from the factory with a better engine monitoring system besides having to buying other gauges to better monitor the motors if you want to. It sucks to get an alarm going off and have no idea what’s wrong till you take the time to take it to a dealer which are weeks out just to find out it was something simple that you could possibly of fixed yourself.

3. Member
    At idle, when I first crank it, it'll be between 2-3 psi. After it warms up it'll drop to around 1-1.5 +/-.
    2000 Ranger 518vx - 2019 Mercury Pro xs 200

.5-1.5 on smart craft. Analog gauge isn't that accurate... Don't worry it will tell you when there's not enough pressure by the continuous beep.

5. Member
    Thanks everyone for the replies. I hope if there is an alarm and I hear it. I am Vietnam vet and have ringing in ears bad. Yes this is on smartcraft gauge.

Two things.

1. Order a replacement water pump now. Even if you do not change it yourself, having the parts may expedite your return to fishing.

2. Some creative guy added a red LED light to the warning circuit due to his lack of hearing. Here is the thread....http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=23836

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

Quote Originally Posted by NDfishin View Post
    Thanks everyone for the replies. I hope if there is an alarm and I hear it. I am Vietnam vet and have ringing in ears bad. Yes this is on smartcraft gauge.
    If you hear the beep when you turn the key on, you'll hear the continuous beep. Or just keep your smart craft screen to show water temp. Normal idle temp is 122-140. I forget when continuous beep starts but I think it's 190??

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NDfishin View Post
    Your gauge should flash when there's an alarm, mine did and I was confused because I never heard it. When I stopped and checked the alarms, it was an alarm telling me the alarm buzzer wasn't found. Looking around under my console, I discovered that the wire wasn't crimped properly.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartman View Post
    If you hear the beep when you turn the key on, you'll hear the continuous beep. Or just keep your smart craft screen to show water temp. Normal idle temp is 122-140. I forget when continuous beep starts but I think it's 190??
    I don't know if it goes as high as 190, I went into safe mode once because my intakes got clogged with hydrilla and I don't remember the temp being that high although I could be wrong. I kinda went into panic mode since the motor is less than a year old