Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Used Bass boat market

Curious if the used boat resale is as crazy as the used car market? Has anybody been in the market for used boats, I’m guessing they’re rare as well?

2. Member
    Yes, boats, RV's, trailers... Through the roof for a decent used on.

3. Member
    I wouldn't say they were rare, just insanely overpriced

Just wait!!!!!!--------I figure the bottom will fall out of the used boat and RV market.
    Soon as the plethora of first time boat buyers wife gets tired of making payments and buying insurance.

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post
    I wouldn't say they were rare, just insanely overpriced
    they're "rare", only because anyone who was going to sell their used boat, to get a new one, can't..........no new ones are available, so they are keeping their used one.

6. Member
    Everything is well overpriced here, I have been considering selling my boat, waiting for the eventual recession and then getting another nicer boat. I can always kayak fish...or work.
    2005 Nitro NX 882
    2002 Mercury 175 EFI

7. Member
    Has anyone seen any new car dealer lots lately? Walked into my local Vexus/Lund/Phoenix dealer and have been there when you had to get skinny to move between the all the boats on the floor. There were only 4 used and 2 'newer' boats on the floor and those are not going to last long. Try finding a motor or stainless prop also. Wait a year maybe two before things even out and the used market should be flooded.

8. Member
    It’s insane. A good buddy just sold a small 16’ Lowe fishing machine for $4500 more then what we both thought it would get/worth. I told him to put a stupid price on and see what happens, sold in 4 days. I’m very seriously thinking about selling my boat, lot’s of new people moving in with lots of cash looking to get on the water. I’d sit on that money and save some more for when things crash, looking to happen this fall/winter and jump on a good deal next spring.
    96 Viper Coral202 225 Opti serial#1B011431

9. Member
    Prices are only going to go up, the dollar has been devalued by our government. You can't create money out of thin air and expect it to remain valuable.

10. Member
    Other than here where is another good place to list a boat for sale?

Quote Originally Posted by itsahog View Post
    Other than here where is another good place to list a boat for sale?
    There are many many boat, bass boat for sale sites on FB—- But the BBC elites have FB on the Boycott

Check into FB groups bass boats for sale under $10k.
    Just saw an ‘86 16’ Bomber bass boat this morning.
    90 hp merc motor not running right
    Motorguide TM only runs at slow speeds
    Has an old hummingbird lcd graph
    None of the gauges work.
    carpeting shot
    driver and passenger seats shot.

He was firm at $5200!
    If he takes it in and gets the merc fixed the price goes up.

The prices on even the project boats are insane and unreasonable.

13. Member
    It is a crazy market for sure. I sold my 05 TR-196 to my former SIL last Oct so my grandkids could go fishing more. NADA said roughly $16,000 though I knew the market was more like $18-$20k so I sold it to him for $14k.

Thought I'd take a year or so break from fishing but that didn't last long and started looking in Dec. Found the model I was looking for in a couple of weeks but after several weeks of negotiations even though I thought I was substantially over the nada stated price and even the seller thought it was good his wife wouldn't sign off.

Found another couple and actually they were both the color I was looking for and at least one was decently priced though both needed some work from the pics. Bought the higher priced one at what I thought was several thousand more then I should have and 5 months and $7k later have about got it where it needs to be to fish.

Ended up $10k more then my budget, but after checking prices since the first of the year, one might think I got a deal. Yowsa.

14. Member
    It is absolutely crazy. I recently sold a boat that I owned for 7 years,the boat was 10 years old and I sold it for 2,000.00 less than I paid for it 7 years ago. Luckily I already had another boat to purchase prior to selling otherwise I think I wouldve gone the summer without due to price being high and inventory being so low.

I sold my boat and downsized. Drove 2077 miles round trip to pick up a boat.

16. Member
    I love my boat no complaints, but there’s a good chance I’ll be live in a different part of the country soon where the boat I have will not be sensible. So I’m seriously thinking about selling it while the market is good knowing it will be next season at the earliest before I need to replace it. I guess I would be rolling the dice if prices will be back in line by then, but in any case I need to change boat styles, so I probably should sell mine since the market so good.

17. Member
    How are sales going for preowned pontoon boats if anyone knows, considering selling mine?

18. Member
    the only decent deals right now are on smaller boats anything over 20 feet is going to be "overpriced" I bought my 2000 viper 190 for $8000 in March.. If i had the time and money id buy a late 80's through mid 90's stratos 201 pro and restore it a 19 foot boat is just too small for me but i didn't want to spend more.. you should be able to find a decent 20 footer in the 15000 dollar range but it will be older..
    Not all churches have pews? Very few churches without pews have God.

New inventory issues for autos and boats and RVs, so the used market is benefiting from this.

Actually I am questioning putting my 2021 up for sale, because im not sure I can get another one in a timely manner.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

20. Member
    It is tempting to sell mine and go boatless for a year or two, get more that it probably should be worth.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast