Thread: Ned at Night

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    Quote Originally Posted by Quillback View Post
    That's my problem with night fishing is the next day. I would like to try the Ned at night, but I'm an early morning fisherman.
    Exactly my problem. I had to record a voice over Powerpoint presentation on Sunday evening for work and when I listened to my presentation I had two thoughts, either I was suffering from a mild stroke or I was drunk. Took me until Tuesday before I felt normal. In two weeks I get to do it again with a 8 pm - 4 am tournament. That one will truly do me in. I'd love to have a quick flurry just before dark and then take a long nap until weigh in.

The killer for me about fishing until 4 AM would be the drive back home, hopefully you are close to the ramp.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tcesni View Post
    Exactly my problem. I had to record a voice over Powerpoint presentation on Sunday evening for work and when I listened to my presentation I had two thoughts, either I was suffering from a mild stroke or I was drunk. Took me until Tuesday before I felt normal. In two weeks I get to do it again with a 8 pm - 4 am tournament. That one will truly do me in. I'd love to have a quick flurry just before dark and then take a long nap until weigh in.

We used to have a local police lieutenant in our club. He would moonlight on construction projects for OT and then work his shift. By the time tournament day came he was ready for a nap. One day we were having a tournament and he anchored on a hump and laid down in the boat and slept. While he was sleeping a swan reached in and grabbed his sandwiches. He was a pretty well fed guy and must have had radar because he woke up just in time to see the sandwich leave the boat. One of those you had to see it to believe it moments.

4. Member
    I'm getting up at 4:00 every morning & doing six 10 hour days. I'll come home Saturday & take a 1 to 2 hour nap if i manage to sleep that long. The trip home from Cumberland around 2:00 is a b*tch because of getting sleepy. I pulled over & let a buddy drive the other night. If by myself i'm going to sleep at the ramp or pull over somewhere & take a nap just to be safe next time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12