Thread: CX 20 Pro......

CX 20 Pro......

What are you folks seeing/picking these up for (understanding the rigging will alter costs)?

I grew up a Ranger guy. I have really enjoyed the recent Skeeters. Have to say, this Caymas has my attention.

Thoughts on them, form those who ran Rangers or Skeeters prior to their Caymas.

Thanks.
    Huntin' Ducks, Chasin' Pheasant, Catching Fish

2. Member
    I have been a ranger my whole life. Last year I visited a dealer and noticed a caymas on their showroom floor so i crawled around it thoroughly. I ccould not find any part of it that was of lesser quality than my current L boat. Fast forward to this spring where I sold my L boat and ordered a new CX 21 pro. I could not be happier. The fit, finish, ride and especially the price is not comparable to a ranger. Not comparable equals as good or better. The quality of this boat line still amazes me and once you run down a lake/river with a 2 ft chop you will notice the profound difference in ride i highlighted above. Good luck with what ever boat you choose but for me ranger is no longer on my short list when purchasing a bass boat.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by raack-a-holic View Post
    I have been a ranger my whole life. Last year I visited a dealer and noticed a caymas on their showroom floor so i crawled around it thoroughly. I ccould not find any part of it that was of lesser quality than my current L boat. Fast forward to this spring where I sold my L boat and ordered a new CX 21 pro. I could not be happier. The fit, finish, ride and especially the price is not comparable to a ranger. Not comparable equals as good or better. The quality of this boat line still amazes me and once you run down a lake/river with a 2 ft chop you will notice the profound difference in ride i highlighted above. Good luck with what ever boat you choose but for me ranger is no longer on my short list when purchasing a bass boat.

Good info.

I appreciate the insight.

Closest dealer to me is about 120 miles away but I think I’ll take a drive. Only issue is they are strictly a Merc dealer and I’m a Yamaha guy.
    Huntin' Ducks, Chasin' Pheasant, Catching Fish

4. Member
    I've been a Ranger too. Had three including the 521C I'm selling now. Did a ton of research and decided to go Caymas. No dealers in California, so I checked out a few dealers and decided on Mid Kansas Marine. Garett, the owner's son is awesome. They buy Caymas models fairly stripped down and then customize it to whatever electronics and trolling motor you want. Also, installed an Atlas hydr

5. Member
    Oops, fat fingers hit the return one too many times before I could finish typing! Anyway, great boat and great dealer. I got a CX21 with 250 ProXS loaded out with Lowrance Lives, Active Target and Ghost trolling motor. Ride is amazing, runs 4-5 mph faster than the Ranger. Love the way it fishes as well. A ton of room on both decks. You can't wrong from what I've experienced so far.

6. Member
    Complete Marine in Phx sells Caymus and Vexus.

7. Member
    I sold and ran Ranger for a number of years, i have had one Z521 and about 14 Z520 C-L Rangers, I can tell you this i am in love with this Caymas, ride, speed, the way it handles those two foot chops with no jarring effect, fishes great with the trolling motor down and a cup of coffee sets there smooth no ripples. You can run in the high rollers easier by holding that nose up and it responds great when you tell it to. In my opinion has the absolutely best live well system of any bass boats, always has the the early Triton days. If you are every down this way be happy to give you a ride or be happy to meet you at the plant for a tour and meet Earl!!

8. Member
    Former Ranger owner here, too. I’ve now got a deposit in on a CX21 Pro with Brandon Hunter at Hitec Outdoors.
    Really impressed with the fit and finish of the boats. Can’t wait to get it and hit the water!

Quote Originally Posted by dbs1 View Post
    Complete Marine in Phx sells Caymus and Vexus.
    And the absolute worst dealer in the valley. Stay away... far, far away.
    1994 201 Champ re-powered with a 250 HO G2 E250LHAFA 05438419

10. Member
    You can't fully appreciate the fit and finish of these boats till you dig into the rigging. The attention to detail is best I've seen. just to give you an idea my last three boats were a Bass Cat Lynx, Phoenix 920, and a Ranger. I love my Caymas!

11. Member
    86, why would you say that? I've heard them called incompletely Marine, but still...

Actually...I'd love to hear of another good dealer to take my boat to in the east valley.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by papatuel View Post
    Oops, fat fingers hit the return one too many times before I could finish typing! Anyway, great boat and great dealer. I got a CX21 with 250 ProXS loaded out with Lowrance Lives, Active Target and Ghost trolling motor. Ride is amazing, runs 4-5 mph faster than the Ranger. Love the way it fishes as well. A ton of room on both decks. You can't wrong from what I've experienced so far.
    You do know you can edit your post and add to it. See the "edit" note at the bottom of your post. That allows you to add to it.