Thread: Lake Lavon

Lake Lavon

Going visit sister-in-law for a week in July. Her family lives about 15 minutes from lake Lavon. Should I bring my boat? I watched a few youtube videos and it looks promising.

2. Lounge/Texas Club/Triton Boats Moderator Bobs21X's Avatar
    Look at your map, Lavon, Ray Hubbard and Tawakoni would be in that vicinity.
    They all are decent fisheries. Ray Hubbard has the Bass Pro Shops there, but can be pretty nautical in the wind
    You can trailer all over both Tawakoni and Lavon. I am sure they are all quite full currently, so July should be back level.

3. Member
    Haven’t fished Lavon in several years, but it has a good population of white bass and hybrids. If you can find the whites schooling, throw a bigger spoon and let it fall below the whites where the hybrids hang out. Birds will usually find the schooling whites for you.

4. Illinois Club | PC/Mac Tips & Tweaks Moderator sgt93's Avatar
    So many lakes to fish nearby including Lake Fork an hour and change away from Lavon. Bring the boat.
    2017 Bass Cat Phelix Honda 25 SOLD
    2007 BCB Cougar FTD Merc Opti 225 SOLD

Instagram: @SSgt93.
    I don't subscribe to threads. PM if you need me.

5. Member
    Black Bass - Any of the lakes mentioned. Lavon’s great for crappie though.

6. Member
    We took a drive out to Lake Lavon last Friday when we were in town for the Classic. Spoke to a gate attendant at one of the marinas in the St Paul area. She said the lake was up about 9 feet and that they were the only marina open for launching because the other ramps were flooded. Here’s a pic from the E Lucas Rd Bridge. Looks high to me!

D1BCFE4D-5250-498F-9B90-32385B6868F1.jpeg
    2020 Skeeter FXR20 LE
    Yamaha SHO 250

7. Member
    Yes, got up about 10' but only about 4' now - letting lots of water out. Fishing has been relatively tough, but you can catch them. It's a different lake if you have never fished it. Can be challenging - not much in the way of vegetation or rock, but the flooded (normally shoreline) bushes are holding fish.

8. Lounge/Texas Club/Triton Boats Moderator Bobs21X's Avatar
    Joe Pool lake also closed due to high water and no available ramps
    I drove by Grapevine this evening and picnic tables full to the top, but the high water ramp at Katie’s Woods was open.