Banned

Salt Water and Vexus Tin

Just sold my glass boat and looking at tin. While I like center consoles I'm trying to kill 2 birds with one stone and most CC are not great bass fishing boats. Can a foot pedal be built into front deck of Vexus CC and can the console windshield fold down to at least 78 inches high to get into my garage? Is the 2080 bass salt water compatible if aluminum trailer is ordered? I like to redfish as much as i do bass fish. I was told by one dealer that the Avid was better built and value that Vexus. I have not ridden in either one or gone through them.

Thanks

2. Member
    I'm in the same place. Should have my boat sold tomorrow. I have crawled all over a 1980CC Vexus and loved it. It'll suit my bass, striper, and occasional saltwater trip perfectly. I contacted Steve Clark from Vexus here on this forum and was responded to quickly. I've requested info on the Avid boats on their website twice and have never heard from them. It may be because they don't have any dealers on the west coast. You'd think they would still respond. I'll be buying Vexus.

3. Banned
    Just got off phone with Vexus rep for my area. Vexus will be my next boat. Got all my questions answered

Quote Originally Posted by bngolfen View Post
    Just got off phone with Vexus rep for my area. Vexus will be my next boat. Got all my questions answered
    You have one of the strongest dealers not far across the SC state line and I would strongly encourage you to talk with them when you are ready to purchase..

72 Marine Sales
    (Andy or Bentz)

5. Member
    72 Marine is pretty good. I have the 2180cc. one thing to Add is rod straps on the front deck. Mine came out awesome. I went Garmin and have the foot petal just resting as far foward as I can put it. I was gonna bolt it down but I don't like holes. They might could fab you something for money if you ask.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bngolfen View Post
    Just sold my glass boat and looking at tin. While I like center consoles I'm trying to kill 2 birds with one stone and most CC are not great bass fishing boats. Can a foot pedal be built into front deck of Vexus CC and can the console windshield fold down to at least 78 inches high to get into my garage? Is the 2080 bass salt water compatible if aluminum trailer is ordered? I like to redfish as much as i do bass fish. I was told by one dealer that the Avid was better built and value that Vexus. I have not ridden in either one or gone through them.

Thanks
    Pretty much the same situation i was in a couple of years ago. Came from a 18' glass bass boat to a 1980cc. I don't think that a foot pedal could be built in from the factory, and i'm doubtful you could do it aftermarket without losing the very front storage. The windshield isn't the highest part of the boat, it's that bar above the windshield. It's 80". you could remove that bar and that should get you to right at 78". removing the bar and the windshield would definitely get you under 80". The reason i settled on the Vexus was because of the large front and back casting platforms and does fish like a bass boat although I redfish, trout, and flounder fish just as much as bass.

7. Member
    If I did It I ver again I’d get the same Avx 1980 I have, but order with seadek rather than carpet, aluminum trailer, and saltwater trolling motor with added foot pedal.
    perfect for bass fishing and salt. CC would get in my way.
    Sapphire Blue/Black Bottom Vexus AVX 1980, Mercury 150 Pro XS

8. Member
    @gthunter5 - I have some ordered that I am getting installed. Any way you would post a photo of yours? With the front deck shorter than a bass boat I thought to have them closer to the bow than normal, but I see the Vexus 2080 intracoastals have them lined up near the seat post hole. Also I assume we have to floor mount these right? F1FBD23D-02E7-4C26-B0D4-B9FBAA6514D6.jpeg

9. Member
    Bngolfen, did you get your boat?
    Sapphire Blue/Black Bottom Vexus AVX 1980, Mercury 150 Pro XS