Thread: ZXR20

ZXR20

Is there not a trolling motor pan drain for the Zxr and fxr? Mine sits full of water all the time along with my rod lockers after rain waiting on dealer to find fix for that which they are working on finding out the problem.

2. Member
    I have not looked, but mine seems to drain ok. I will look tomorrow
    2021 Skeeter ZXR21 Yamaha SHO 250
    1993 Ranger 372 Mercury 150 XR6

3. Member
    Tore apart and the 90 under deck had a rubber cap covering hole must be an option if you don’t want your pan to drain

4. Member
    The more I hear of this stuff the more nervous I am of my order.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ksubasser24 View Post
    Don’t worry about it, most of us they are flawless. Just check it out real good once it gets here, just like anything else
    2021 Skeeter ZXR21 Yamaha SHO 250
    1993 Ranger 372 Mercury 150 XR6

6. Member
    I use my boat a ton I’ve never had a new boat always skeeters but used. I’ve had a lot of stuff go wrong but I’ve come to a conclusion that you have to work all the bugs out and then you’re good just normally for me someone else has done it. I don’t have a dealer close to me or it might’ve been a different story. Once you get your Zxr on a tournament takeoff in real rough water and you’re blowing by everybody because they have to let up and you don’t because it handles so good in rough water it makes you like it. I would suggest to everyone with a new Skeeter to take there motor tote off trim up and see how far it drops over night, there are a bunch of the new trim units bad.

Quote Originally Posted by ksubasser24 View Post
    You can look at ANY brand on a showroom floor and find some imperfections if you look close enough. Anyone that tells you any different is full of it. Boats are built by humans and there will always be potential for a little something to not be 100%. Its how the company or dealer steps up and corrects it that tells a lot of the story. I also do not fall for that "I joined the _________ family" when I buy a boat. Most families do not charge you $50,000-75,000 to be a part of them...........beware of the people trying to convince you their boats are built with unicorn fur and pixie dust and their boats are magical.

8. Member
    Mark and Kelly I don’t disagree. My 2015 ranger z119c wasn’t perfect when I got it. Had batter charger take a dump second time I plugged it in. Motor came mounted crooked on the jack plate. That boat walked like a bastard. Ranger dealer didn’t believe me when I called them. The jack plat had a hole drilled a little low. Was about 3/8 lower on the right side of the motor mount. When I trimmed down and put a level on the bottom of the pad the nose cone of the LU was off center about 3”. They all have bugs and you got to work them out. Just makes a guy a little nervous hearing some of the stuff. Not many get on and post when everything works they way it should. Usually when they have issues.

9. Member
    Saw one on the showroom floor last week that was a slick trick. Blue and silver with twin 12” monitors flush mounted in the console. It had been ordered in November. And delivered last week. Almost made me walk over and look some more and think about an upgrade-but I just kept walking back to the service desk!