Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/lowranceprotips/
    YouTube -https://www.youtube.com/c/LowranceProTips
    2021 PHOENIX 818 PRO
    2021 MERC 175 PROXS

2. Smallmouth Junkie!
    2012 Phoenix 721 pro xp / 250hp SHO
    2003 Skeeter TZX-190 / 150hp OX66

3. Member
    I had read somewhere that they thought it was a pro xp deck layout with elite gunnels but who knows. I guess we will find out next week

4. Member
    When I ordered my 2022 920 elite it would have been nice to know what all the changes would be. Phoenix could have added or changed something I might have wanted or not wanted.

5. Member
    Will be interesting to see.
    A.J. Kelty Versailles KY
    2021 Phoenix 920 Elite

6. <B>BBC SPONSOR</B>
    It’s just a pro xp with a new name.

7. Member
    Aaron at Watson's told me that he ordered himself a 920 Elite2. He said it's laid out like the 920XP but has a raised deck (lower gunnels) like the Elite series.

8. Member
    So why can't it just be an updated pro xp? They updated deck before like in 17 when the 721 got raised. No sense in having that model in my opinion
    -2016 Phoenix 721 250 Pro XS
    -Old Rig-2006 Triton TR-196 200HP Optimax

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by XChris1632X View Post
    So why can't it just be an updated pro xp? They updated deck before like in 17 when the 721 got raised. No sense in having that model in my opinion
    My thoughts as well. Why made yet another model when they could simply raise the pro xp decks to match the elite. Then you've got pro xp's that have 2 boxes and elites with one big box.
    If you want a high gunnel big water rig you've got the phx.

A better seller imo would be a 721 elite with the deck raised yet again. I really like low gunnel setups like the blazer 650.

10. Member
    My guess is that the proxp will be going away. Maybe the molds are getting to the end of their life. That was part of the reason for the 721 changes in 17

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wackyjig View Post
    My thoughts as well. Why made yet another model when they could simply raise the pro xp decks to match the elite. Then you've got pro xp's that have 2 boxes and elites with one big box.
    If you want a high gunnel big water rig you've got the phx.

A better seller imo would be a 721 elite with the deck raised yet again. I really like low gunnel setups like the blazer 650.
    My guess is that it comes down to money. With this model they can charge 5k more for it with little additional cost.

12. Member
    Elite 2. Same Price as Elite from what I have been told. Is the same physical size,width and height as elite but has the pro XP layout. 2 center boxes and 2 side boxes no day box. I have one on order. The Pro Xp is going away from what I was told

13. Member
    That's what I was told too

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by J at BAY View Post
    Elite 2. Same Price as Elite from what I have been told. Is the same physical size,width and height as elite but has the pro XP layout. 2 center boxes and 2 side boxes no day box. I have one on order. The Pro Xp is going away from what I was told
    So the same price as the elite, meaning more than the Pro xp and essentially the same thing as a Pro xp but more money.

Isn't am elite a Pro xp hull with PHX deck layout? So this is just a Pro xp hull with a Pro xp deck? Or am I missing something?

15. Member
    So the same price as the elite, meaning more than the Pro xp and essentially the same thing as a Pro xp but more money.

Isn't am elite a Pro xp hull with PHX deck layout? So this is just a Pro xp hull with a Pro xp deck? Or am I missing something?
    The raised the deck in a proxp. Thats all they did. Then slapped a new name on it and charged more money.

16. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Raised deck, new fiberglass bow, slam latches , padded deck standard , C channel trailer standard , graphs are a 12" and a 9"
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DREWTICK View Post
    Raised deck, new fiberglass bow, slam latches , padded deck standard , C channel trailer standard , graphs are a 12" and a 9"
    Larger console, and taller drain rails under lids also.

18. Member
    I saw one Saturday, it's an Elite with a Pro Xp deck layout. Has all the nice new features of an elite but it has the two rod lockers and two front center boxes. I also saw a 2022 PHX, there is no vinyl. Even the console has a glass shroud.
    2022 Phoenix 721 / 250 Mercury ProXs / MK Ultrex
    HB Helix 12 G4N / Garmin 106sv / Livescope

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DEFMP View Post
    I saw one Saturday, it's an Elite with a Pro Xp deck layout. Has all the nice new features of an elite but it has the two rod lockers and two front center boxes. I also saw a 2022 PHX, there is no vinyl. Even the console has a glass shroud.
    Everyone keeps saying it's an Elite with Pro XP deck layout so doesn't that mean it's just a Pro XP? I thought an Elite was a Pro XP hull with PHX deck. So now it is a Pro XP hull with Pro XP deck.

I understand the deck may be raised and it has slam latches. So it just a Pro XP that's been upgraded. Maybe I am interpreting this incorrectly but I feel like it's being twisted to make it seem like this is an all new great thing. It's a Pro XP. The same one we have had for 10 years but upgraded like they did with the 721 in 17. They didn't change the name on it. It's still a 721.

Wonderful marketing I guess...

20. Member
    Everyone keeps saying it's an Elite with Pro XP deck layout so doesn't that mean it's just a Pro XP? I thought an Elite was a Pro XP hull with PHX deck. So now it is a Pro XP hull with Pro XP deck.

I understand the deck may be raised and it has slam latches. So it just a Pro XP that's been upgraded. Maybe I am interpreting this incorrectly but I feel like it's being twisted to make it seem like this is an all new great thing. It's a Pro XP. The same one we have had for 10 years but upgraded like they did with the 721 in 17. They didn't change the name on it. It's still a 721.

Wonderful marketing I guess...
    Alot easier to raise the price 10 grand with an elite name on it vs keeping pro xp

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast