North Champlain Conditions?

I'm headed to Champlain Saturday for a week. What's water level like? Are the fish spawned out? largemouth versus smallmouth? I hear the bite's been off. Any general info is appreciated.
    Phoenix 921ProXP Mercury 250 ProXS

Hey Drew
    I am leaving for Plattsburgh on Saturday also, 4 days up north then 3days down at Ticonderoga.
    Water level is.96 ish, which is.a lil low for.this time of year but not real low.
    Water temp at Burlington bouy is.55 a lil cool.
    Me and stan are fishing out of a champion 203 blue,
    Weather is going to be warm all week , looks good.

3. Member
    I’ll be heading there next Thursday for 3-4 days. Would love to hear how you guys do

4. Member
    I'll be up there as well. Good luck to all!

I would bet you may be able to find some straggling SM on beds but mostly done and spawned out. LM prolly on beds in various stages.
    2002 Basscat Sabre Merc 150 XR6
    Humminbird Electronics
    Ionic Lithium Batteries

5. Member
    I'm heading up for a few days starting on the 13th. Would like to hear how you guys do this week.

If you see me on the water come over and say a BBC hello. I'll try to post updates. Tight lines.
    Phoenix 921ProXP Mercury 250 ProXS

7. Member
    Isn’t a BBC hello a 1/2oz jig casted at someone’s face? Or is that a BBC lounge hello?
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

Hi Drew
    Put in at Chazy river ramp sat. Around 4pm water stayed close because of thunder storms, fished LM , hooked up a muskie , no bass, water temp 58/61.
    Off water 6:30 saw lightning.
    Good luck to you on sunday

Sunday was a lil better.
    Out of Chazy river again
    Water temp. 58/71 shallow .
    We caught 4 nice sm 5/7ft with weeds.
    Not alot of weeds.

10. Member
    I guess I’ll be down towards TI instead. Anyone know how the southern end is fishing?

11. Member
    I'm heading up Friday (6/11) late morning...fishing till Monday. I'll be in a 03 Triton TR185 Red. I'll try to report in in case anyone needs an update on conditions. I will be fishing Ti for the 3 days unless it's tough. If you see me say Hello and I will tell you if and where I'm finding them! I'm hoping that early shad or herring spawn is on!
    Last edited by billybas; 06-10-2021 at 02:02 AM.

12. Member
    Doing alright up north. Launched out of Point au Roche on Wednesday for a few hours and got some. Today I launched out of Chazy and hit some shoals, tried hiding from the wind for a little and ended up finding sporadic spawning SM. Water temps have varied from upper 50's to upper 60's. I'd say most SM are post spawn. Biggest so far has only been 3lbs.
    Humminbird Electronics
    Ionic Lithium Batteries

13. Member
    Had a great day today, topwater+tube. Fished under 10ft for the most part. Tomorrow should be a great day for bed fishing, bright sun+no Wind.
    Humminbird Electronics
    Ionic Lithium Batteries

14. Member
    I fished Friday afternoon from 12:00 to 6:00pm...My son and I got 7 LM. His went close to 4lbs and was definitely a Spawner with a bloody tail. My best we just over 3 lbsand definitely prespawn.
    I launched out of Crown Point Campground where the water was 62 degrees but fished Ti where the temps were 69-71 degrees.

Got up at 5am Saturday morning and launched the boat only to find the starter had failed. The good news was we didn't leave the dock so we weren't stranded but that ended my weekend way to early.

Quote Originally Posted by billybas View Post
    I fished Friday afternoon from 12:00 to 6:00pm...My son and I got 7 LM. His went close to 4lbs and was definitely a Spawner with a bloody tail. My best we just over 3 lbsand definitely prespawn.
    I launched out of Crown Point Campground where the water was 62 degrees but fished Ti where the temps were 69-71 degrees.

Got up at 5am Saturday morning and launched the boat only to find the starter had failed. The good news was we didn't leave the dock so we weren't stranded but that ended my weekend way to early.
    Lost my starter a couple years ago in Dresden no Cell service.......it was a nightmare, finally caught a boat to go find a buddy to tow to TI, in real bad thunder storms. ended my week too..... sucked.

16. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    any updates headed up there Thursday for 4 days