Transducer Locations

Looking at the transom with my jack plate etc , I am lost as to where I should/Can mount my Lowrance AI transducer? I really wanted to avoid drilling holes in my brand new boat but the jack plate option with a non bobs action style seems to need some extra modifications if it work at all given the shape of my jack plate. although Transducer Shield service team seem to know what they are talking about and that with the L bracket may end up being my best bet

The stern saver option I don't think will work as there is not a flat or large enough area to mount the block.

Unless as in last picture I get the smaller block of 4.5" and mount it to that cardboard area?

Is my only option to drill holes into my new boat for the AI transducer? Pictures below and the blue tape is what I am assuming would be a good spot if I did have to drill into boat? I will be installing dual power poles this week as well..

TY all
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ike12; 06-03-2021 at 12:43 PM. Reason: pic

2. Member
    I went through the exact decision process with my Z18 and a Garmin transducer. I finally decided to drill the holes where you have indicated in your pictures. I have had zero problems since installation and I can hold the bottom with depth up to 50 MPH. Make sure you use a really good marine grade sealant around the screws and you will have no problems. Measure twice/10 times and drill once. Good luck!!

3. Member
    I have mine on jackplate and a separate transducer in hull for running. No worries that way
    2020 Nitro Z20 250 Pro XS

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewerbass View Post
    I have mine on jackplate and a separate transducer in hull for running. No worries that way
    Can you post photos brewerbass? Im assuming your using the transducer shield saver? My boat is being built and i need to explore my options. I've already told the dealership NOT to install my Humminbird SI transducer or put any holes in the hull for that matter. lol