Fuel Diaphragm O Ring

SN #2B111025
    175 Pro Xs

Motor cold starts perfect and idles perfect. After the initial run and fish time I'm having some issues with starting my motor throughout the day. I depressed the air Schrader valve and fuel comes out. I pulled the fuel diaphragm to check for tears and rips and can't find any at all. I noticed the O ring was in pretty rough shape though, could this be leaking fuel into the air side or is there something else letting fuel into the air side? Thanks

2. Member
    must have total seal on all components in system ,yes it could and inject o rings also
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Unlikely that the o-ring caused that- usually leaks EXTERNALLY.

How much fuel? Vapor, mist, liquid or geyser?

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    Unlikely that the o-ring caused that- usually leaks EXTERNALLY.

How much fuel? Vapor, mist, liquid or geyser?
    seemed to be a mist. I ordered new o rings from you guys the other day and a new fuel diaphragm yesterday as I messed up mine putting it back in. Where else do I need to check? O ring on the injectors as mentioned earlier?also, What’s normal shipping time? I really need it before Thursday so I may call Monday when you guys open and see about speeding up the shipping.