Talons "sleeping"

Been having an issue with my BT Talons. When I first turn them on they work perfect. If I use them every 45min or so they also work good. If I dont use them for maybe an hour or longer, its like they just go to sleep or turn off..they will not respond to the remote. I can walk to the back of the boat and push the down button and most of the time they will deploy, other time I have to turn the switch off and back on again...and the cycle repeats itself. I have them ran into a off/on switch before they attach to the main battery. I have changed remotes to no avail, new batteries etc...I have even cleared/reset them...any ideas?
    Jimmy
    Phoenix 721
    12" Bobs Hydro Plate
    Mercury 300 Xs
    Dave Bush Racing Kit
    28.5 Bravo

2. Member
    Anyone?
    Jimmy
    Phoenix 721
    12" Bobs Hydro Plate
    Mercury 300 Xs
    Dave Bush Racing Kit
    28.5 Bravo

3. Member
    Have you tried to bypass the on/of switch? Hook direct to the battery.

4. Member
    Have you checked to be sure they're updated as some update(s) addressed Bluetooth communications. I am thinking that perhaps your board in the Talon loses communications and has to be reset to get them working again.

5. Member
    I updated them a few weeks ago to the latest update. I will try bypassing the breaker switch and see what happens, I had it installed last yr when I got the Talons put on...
    Jimmy
    Phoenix 721
    12" Bobs Hydro Plate
    Mercury 300 Xs
    Dave Bush Racing Kit
    28.5 Bravo

6. Member
    Are your Talons connected to a Solix? If so, disconnect them from the Solix. I had multiple issues with my Talons when they were connected to my Solix. I had the Solix "forget" the Talons in the bluetooth menu. They have worked flawlessly every since. It sucks that I can't operate them from the Solix, but I used my remotes 95% of the time anyway.

7. Member
    I use Carbons....they are wired directly into a cut off switch, then to the battery.
    Jimmy
    Phoenix 721
    12" Bobs Hydro Plate
    Mercury 300 Xs
    Dave Bush Racing Kit
    28.5 Bravo

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jav400SDC View Post
    Been having an issue with my BT Talons. When I first turn them on they work perfect. If I use them every 45min or so they also work good. If I dont use them for maybe an hour or longer, its like they just go to sleep or turn off..they will not respond to the remote. I can walk to the back of the boat and push the down button and most of the time they will deploy, other time I have to turn the switch off and back on again...and the cycle repeats itself. I have them ran into a off/on switch before they attach to the main battery. I have changed remotes to no avail, new batteries etc...I have even cleared/reset them...any ideas?
    I had to go back a read what you said. For some reason your Talons are loosing power. Cycling power will turn them back on. You have a power issue. Switch, breaker , or connection. If it were one then I would say it is that Talon, but it is both. So you need to check your power to the talons. Also check the individual fuses to the Talons. They some times loose connection. Also as a temporary check go directly to the batteries. Try that way. I recently heard of an issue with a boat that would loose power. It ended up being a Pico switch connection. do you have one for Jump starting?
    If you have quick disconnect plug make sure you have good connection. Dielectric grease will help. Petrox on your battery connections will also help.

9. Member
    Thanks, its been raining here for over a week, and still have another week or so of rain to come. Once it clears up I will hook them directly to the battery and bypass the cut off switch. Last time out I was able to deploy them manually but not with the remote, so maybe it is loosing connection from the BT but still has enough power to deploy manually. I appreciate all the info, tips etc to figure this out....Im anxious to wire them directly to the battery and see how they do.
    Jimmy
    Phoenix 721
    12" Bobs Hydro Plate
    Mercury 300 Xs
    Dave Bush Racing Kit
    28.5 Bravo