Thread: Lighted emblem

Lighted emblem

Came up with this to cover up a 3/4 inch hole that was drilled to accommodate a GPS puck (that was no longer needed and removed)...

Normally...

When the navigation lights are on...

Last edited by drgrammer; 05-24-2021 at 07:52 PM. Reason: Spelling

nice custom touch!
    Allen
    911 Bass Anglers
    Bucks County PA

3. Member
    Where did you get that HB cover thingy?

4. Member
    Its just a scrap piece of clear plastic (acrylic or plexiglass). I heated it slightly in a toaster oven and formed it over the domed plastic to achieve the same shape. The Humminbird logo is simply cut from black outdoor vinyl and applied over translucent amber vinyl. The LED strips are under the plastic. The edge trim is a section of split vacuum line pushed on to the edge and sealed at the bottom.

The vinyl cutting was done with a Cricut Machine. I've made a bunch of decals and iron-ons with that thing....

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drgrammer View Post
    Its just a scrap piece of clear plastic (acrylic or plexiglass). I heated it slightly in a toaster oven and formed it over the domed plastic to achieve the same shape. The Humminbird logo is simply cut from black outdoor vinyl and applied over translucent amber vinyl. The LED strips are under the plastic. The edge trim is a section of split vacuum line pushed on to the edge and sealed at the bottom.

The vinyl cutting was done with a Cricut Machine. I've made a bunch of decals and iron-ons with that thing....
    Sweet! Awesome creation! My wife has a cricut maker machine and makes a bunch of stuff for me too. Never thought of making that however! Nice.