2008 dash gages... Frustration!

9DC8C9AC-93EF-4FA7-9180-26BCF917EA52.jpegBoat is a 2008 198. Gages not working and I want to replace them but I can’t find the OEM replacements. Boat has a 2006 Yamaha HPDI. Don’t know if that’s my issue. Farina is the manufacturer of original gages and it has a four prong auto style plug on the back. Call Faria and they say they did not make that gage. This is for a gas gage. Colors of wires going into the plug are purple, blue, black and red. New gage only has three posts on it. Can anyone tell me what the colors mean?

Thanks for any help.
    Tim D.
    Last edited by 92 Champ; 06-23-2021 at 02:50 PM. Reason: Add a picture

2. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Purple is switched 12v from the ignition switch
    Blue is gauge lights
    Pink is from the tank sending unit
    Black is ground

Here are the Faria PNs from my gauges on my 07 210. They were probably built for Champion so Customer Service may not have access to that info. Can you post some pictures of what you have?

Faria Gauges
    Function Part Number
    Fuel GPC052A
    PSI OPK101A
    Volts VPC012A
    Trim GPC053A

A link for troubleshooting. Even though it is Veethree, it is the same.

Trouble-Sht-Fuel-Level-Ga_R4.pdf (veethree.com)

Trouble-Sht-Testing-the-Gauge_R4.pdf (veethree.com)

Trouble-Sht-Testing-the-Fuel-Sender_R4.pdf (veethree.com)

I can tell you that my fuel gauge is all over the place. I can have 40 gallons in the boat and only show 1/2 tank. Mine is probably the sending unit. I've just not dug into it

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx Champ View Post
    Purple is switched 12v from the ignition switch
    Blue is gauge lights
    Pink is from the tank sending unit
    Black is ground

Here are the Faria PNs from my gauges on my 07 210. They were probably built for Champion so Customer Service may not have access to that info. Can you post some pictures of what you have?

Faria Gauges
    Function Part Number
    Fuel GPC052A
    PSI OPK101A
    Volts VPC012A
    Trim GPC053A

A link for troubleshooting. Even though it is Veethree, it is the same.

Trouble-Sht-Fuel-Level-Ga_R4.pdf (veethree.com)

Trouble-Sht-Testing-the-Gauge_R4.pdf (veethree.com)

Trouble-Sht-Testing-the-Fuel-Sender_R4.pdf (veethree.com)

I can tell you that my fuel gauge is all over the place. I can have 40 gallons in the boat and only show 1/2 tank. Mine is probably the sending unit. I've just not dug into it

Thanks Tx Champ! Its been a log time and Im dont remember how to post them.

4. Member
    If I figure it out I will post some

5. Member
    Mine is like yours Reggie. I use the smart craft gauge. It is pretty accurate.
    GETFISHED !!!

6. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 92 Champ View Post
    If I figure it out I will post some
    You can e-mail them to me and I'll post them up for you, txchamp@suddenlink.net

I thought they had some sticky topics on posting pix in this forum, but if they did, all the siickies are gone. Help with Boards/Posting/Videos, etc. (bbcboards.net)

7. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by getfished View Post
    Mine is like yours Reggie. I use the smart craft gauge. It is pretty accurate.
    I wanted to keep my Tach & Speedo for the Champion logo face. The others I could replace with generic. My trim gauge hasn't worked in years. I just trim for feel and them just trim down until I hear the pump hit the bottom for take off. I think the only time the fuel gauge is close is full and empty Pressure gauge works and that is the important one. I can measure temp on my HDS along with several other things including hours.

I wanted to keep my Tach & Speedo for the Champion logo face. The others I could replace with generic. My trim gauge hasn't worked in years. I just trim for feel and them just trim down until I hear the pump hit the bottom for take off. I think the only time the fuel gauge is close is full and empty Pressure gauge works and that is the important one. I can measure temp on my HDS along with several other things including hours.
    I have the exact same situation in my 210. Too funny!

9. Member
    With the fuel gauge, readings are based off resistance, check those connections for corrosion, damaged wiring, or loose terminals. All will effect readings

Same here for my 2009

2009 ELITE 210

11. Member
    Trying to up load picture of dash with all new gauges. Hope this works. wow! it worked. Next is getting the plate in the center of dash where graph goes replaced.

D81B913D-596A-4266-B59E-5E94A3756BE6.jpeg
    Last edited by 92 Champ; 06-23-2021 at 02:55 PM. Reason: added more verbage.

12. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 92 Champ View Post
    Trying to up load picture of dash with all new gauges. Hope this works. wow! it worked. Next is getting the plate in the center of dash where graph goes replaced.

D81B913D-596A-4266-B59E-5E94A3756BE6.jpeg
    What gauges did you buy? A little larger pic would help. Even on a 23" screen, it's small. Holler at Beach Customs, he can fix you up with that panel.

13. Member
    Looks like the Faria Kronos Silver & Black

14. Member
    Faria Chesapeake black stainless steel. Hope this picture is better.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Body in North GA (Lake Lanier) - Heart in KS
    There is a company the refurbishes gauges - I dont have the info but hope someone does and will post it.
    2008 ChampioN 198 / 225 Opti ProXS! 1999 187 DC Elite / Merc 175 efi & 1989 184 DCR /Merc 175 xri