Jackson River/Apalachicola River

Coming down from NC for a week on 6/12. Staying in a house on cape san blas. I have been down a few times in the past. Interested in trying the bass fishing on the apalachicola. Can someone tell me the best ramp to access the river? I was thinking about running up to the jackson river. Are there many prop hazards to worry about on the main river? I really dont want to drive to the white city ramp and have to cross wimico. I assume when someone mentions bass fishing on the apalachicola in this area , they are referring to the section flowing out of wimico. Any tips would be appreciated! PM's are welcome as well.

Thanks

Kenny
    2022 Blazer 675 Ultimate
    2022 Merc 300 Pro XS
    2017 YZ250F
    Kenny Hollingsworth<<<<<<<<<MY NAME!
    828 674 6752
    Hendersonville NC<<<<MY LOCATION!!

2. Member
    I replied to your PM but just saw the part about not wanting to put in at white city, in that case I would put in at Abercrombie boat ramp on bluff road. It puts you in the river on the east side of wimico

Quote Originally Posted by Poppin' Frog View Post
    I replied to your PM but just saw the part about not wanting to put in at white city, in that case I would put in at Abercrombie boat ramp on bluff road. It puts you in the river on the east side of wimico
    Thanks PF! I really appreciate your PM. I will check out both launch options! I will be fine crossing wimico if it is marked somehow, or safe to run. Heard it was shallow and stumpy.
    2022 Blazer 675 Ultimate
    2022 Merc 300 Pro XS
    2017 YZ250F
    828 674 6752

Quote Originally Posted by KHNC View Post
    Thanks PF! I really appreciate your PM. I will check out both launch options! I will be fine crossing wimico if it is marked somehow, or safe to run. Heard it was shallow and stumpy.
    There are channel markers right down the middle of Wimico. Once I get out of the marked channel I take it pretty easy.
    Sick, tired, hungry, broke, busted, disgusted, can't be trusted, been imposed on and won't fight

5. Member
    Just stay in the middle and you’ll be fine. If you plan on fishing the tidal creeks come off plane well before you get close to the mouth. Several have big sand bars out in front of them that will ruin your day.

Quote Originally Posted by KRC18D View Post
    Just stay in the middle and you’ll be fine. If you plan on fishing the tidal creeks come off plane well before you get close to the mouth. Several have big sand bars out in front of them that will ruin your day.
    Appreciate it . I am heading down saturday. Fishing the bay the first few days and then plan to try out the river and wimico for a day.
    2022 Blazer 675 Ultimate
    2022 Merc 300 Pro XS
    2017 YZ250F
    828 674 6752

Well, the fishing was so good in the bay we didnt even make it to the river or lake. Guess thats not a bad thing.
    2022 Blazer 675 Ultimate
    2022 Merc 300 Pro XS
    2017 YZ250F
    828 674 6752