225 venom Boggs and dies when throttle applied

Ok guys I could use some help with starting to troubleshoot an issue. I just put this motor on my boat (1998 Johnson Venom 225). I got It put on and everything connected nicely using the CDI adapter that hooks pre-96 controls to Post 1996 motor. Fired right up and idled very nicely, smooth. Soon as I knock it in gear it will stay running but if I attemp To give it any throttle it Boggs out and dies. I’ve read some stuff about possibly the shift interrupter switch I was Just wanting to get a list of ideas to check. I’m pre-mixing fuel and the entire power head and carbs were recently rebuilt. I swapped Plugs while on the water, no change. Before I pull the carbs and re-clean I want to eliminate all other issues.

thanks!
    Jake
    1987 Stratos 189v

2. Banned
    pm sent

3. Member
    after doing some reading aren’t I suppose To have a clear piece over this throttle linkage roller?

F36070CD-E570-415C-B460-3BC7C91E6AFE.jpeg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1987 Stratos 189v

4. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    It's there.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    It's there.
    oh okay, I was under the impression there was suppose to be a clear sleeve around the black roller
    1987 Stratos 189v

6. Member
    Just had some issues with the same motor. Determined a few problems. The latest was that the jets were backing out. Fixed it. Now the bot RIPS.

7. Member
    I've been dealing with the same issue. There is a small key that keeps the flywheel indexed to the shaft. If that has sheared, which mine had, it will mess up the timing and run like a bad of s^^t.