1995 Eyra worth it?

I'm searching for my first boat and came across a 1995 Erya with a 2002 Mercury XR6 150 posted on Facebook for 10k. The boat is beautiful and appears to be in great shape but the firm price of $10k is $2500 over NADA. I'm looking for some guidance from those that know boats, especially Bass Cat boats. Is this over priced for a 26 year old boat? Am I nuts thinking it shouldn't be a $10k boat for its age?

Sellers description:
    I have a 1995 Bass Cat Eyra for sale. Boats in great shape inside and out. It has a helix7 up front and at bow. It has a 150 hp Mercury XR SIX (2002) with a little over 200 hrs on it , compression is good cranks and runs great. Everything works as it should. Trailer is in good shape it has led lights all the way around. Must see to appreciate

2. Kansas Bass Club Moderator
    Boats are selling for way over NADA and have been for many years. If it’s in primo shape yes it’s worth it. The XR6 is a great engine! Make sure to have the entire rig thoroughly checked out and water test it to make sure everything is working as it should.

3. Member
    17'11" boat and they fish very well for their size. I had a 96 i believe and loved it. The boat is still going strong today. They don't have the greatest storage layout but they are much better than anything that same size and age

At 10k the boat would need to be in pretty good shape but if it is... then that's a good price.

4. Member
    Well if you have the money, and want it, get it checked out compression etc, and make an offer. I have owned two Eyras in the past they were fast and fished well.

They were great boats, I flipped back and forth, but ended up with pII.

My buddy just got a 2004 PIV for 15k, but he always finds the deals.

7. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    I've found that NADA prices are fairly accurate on new boats (5 years old or so.) On older rigs, the prices can vary due to condition, accessories, etc. That Eyra may well be worth the extra money...or not. Its up to the buyer.
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.

8. Member
    I saw that same boat, texted the guy within a half hour of posting it with a cash in hand offer for the asking price and it was already sold. It was one of the cleanest copies of an early Eyra I have ever seen and was well appointed. In the photos you could clearly see the boat had been taken care of, newer seats, updated trailer lighting, LED deck lighting, newer carpet that was very clean with no visible stains, couldn't see a scratch anywhere. It was worth the 10k asking price all day, every day. That 94-98 Eyra is one of the boats I am ALWAYS on the hunt for, want one really bad. I have my eye on one but haven't heard back from the guy, and know of another that I would love to pick up but afraid his asking price will be a little higher than I want to pay for an older boat.