Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I'm glad that works for you, but that still doesn't sound right. You should be able to bump the bunks, let it settle into the trailer (the trailer should catch it), and easily winch it the rest of the way. Take some pics or a video...

2. Member
    skeeter has a roller and bracket you can mount on your trailer helps to keep the boat from dropping down under the front roller if you install this once your in the winch you shouldn't be any weight on this roller

I too had troubles with my FX20 when I first got it, an easy fix was the pull the trailer out of the water more so the rear of the boat does not float, this creates a level surface and the boat can either be driven up or winched.

if the boat it buoyant in the rear it creates an awkward angle, especially if the ramp is steeper or more in an incline.

4. Member
    The tribble with skeeter trailers is there designed to power load and they frown upon it in NH they have signs at the ramps . I put the roller on my boat works great and a two speed winch has low gear
    so you can winch it up the last foot or so problem solved the winch that comes with the skeeter trailer isn't worth a shit

Quote Originally Posted by Tom L View Post
    The tribble with skeeter trailers is there designed to power load and they frown upon it in NH they have signs at the ramps . I put the roller on my boat works great and a two speed winch has low gear
    so you can winch it up the last foot or so problem solved the winch that comes with the skeeter trailer isn't worth a shit
    I still power-load occasionally ��

6. Member
    your not alone is anyone looking ill be 77 who want's to crank my boat up HA 'HA'

7. Member
    It's geometry, not a thing wrong with the trailer, winch stand height or boat. If you are going under the roller your angle is just wrong. This means your trailer is too deep and the rear of your boat is floating. The resulting angle places the nose of your boat below or under the roller. You can try all day to load but if your trailer is too deep your nose will be to low. The boat really has to sit on the bunks to load correctly, however tilt your motor up and this will also bring your nose up to help get over the roller.

I did see that you have it working now. That's cool.
    when you see this on the water stop and say hi.

8. Member
    Fx20 2011, you cannot be more wrong about this. I personally went through this and ez loader sent me the right stand for my trailer, you are correct about having the trailer in the right depth, etc. once you have the right winch stand. I had the wrong height stand for 2 years before I started investigating. And all the things you said were about the depth was an every time awareness. Some ramps were almost unable to load without people helping lift the front of the boat. Now I don’t even look at it anymore at all… I don’t know why it’s so hard for people to believe that this is an actual issue. Ill post a pic of the height of my winch stand and the person that stared this post can post a pic of his and everyone can see the difference

Quote Originally Posted by k3fishing View Post
    Fx20 2011, you cannot be more wrong about this. I personally went through this and ez loader sent me the right stand for my trailer, you are correct about having the trailer in the right depth, etc. once you have the right winch stand. I had the wrong height stand for 2 years before I started investigating. And all the things you said were about the depth was an every time awareness. Some ramps were almost unable to load without people helping lift the front of the boat. Now I don’t even look at it anymore at all… I don’t know why it’s so hard for people to believe that this is an actual issue. Ill post a pic of the height of my winch stand and the person that stared this post can post a pic of his and everyone can see the difference

he is right though, you just happened to have the wrong part on your trailer.

This sounds just like my old tournament partner’s Skeeter. I don’t remember the model but it was a late 90’s twenty footer. Every time we loaded the boat, I would have to back the trailer down to what would be too deep on my boat. He would float onto the bunks and then he would motion for me to pull up a little and then he would power on up to the bow roller. I always thought he just didn’t know how to load a boat on the trailer….he sure didn’t know how to drive one when it was off the trailer.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12