Thread: Rent a Chicken

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    idbefishing

Rent a Chicken

Y'all heard of this new fad? WTF........Suburban America is so bored and rich that we tend chickens for fun now? I can understand biking, walking and running for fun because at least they are healthy activities but chickens?

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/a...uring-pandemic

2. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    whats next....buying boats and a bunch of equipment to go catch fish and throw them back?
    Prints and more available at: http://BSPhotography.co/
    Digital downloads available at: https://licensing.pixels.com/profiles/1-brian-shoemaker
    IG: BSPhotographyZ9

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bdog7198 View Post
    whats next....buying boats and a bunch of equipment to go catch fish and throw them back?

4. Member
    It lost me when it said "Affordable Eggs" Gees, they sell them at the store for less than $2 a dozen. Go get yourself a dozen chickens. Buy a chicken house, fence in a run, buy $80 worth of feed for the flock every month. Buy some traps to catch the coons, possums, foxes, minks, and whatever other varmints come along. @ 2 dozen eggs a week you'd have spent $16 a month buying them in the store.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KYSkipper View Post
    It lost me when it said "Affordable Eggs" Gees, they sell them at the store for less than $2 a dozen. Go get yourself a dozen chickens. Buy a chicken house, fence in a run, buy $80 worth of feed for the flock every month. Buy some traps to catch the coons, possums, foxes, minks, and whatever other varmints come along. @ 2 dozen eggs a week you'd have spent $16 a month buying them in the store.
    Heck, when I was in the shed biz I sold a bunch of $2000-$3000 chicken coops to house a couple doz birds. Takes a lot of eggs to break even

6. Member
    That’s funny right there.

7. Member

Security Chickens.

Make sure you rent roosters so you can wake your neighbors in the pre-dawn hours. Better yet, get a flock of peacocks.

10. idbefishing
    Fishing is ridiculous too if you group all hobbies together but they aren't really fair comparison.

11. Banned
    any good looking ones? I'm asking for the neighbor. We've worked out an alliance, He goes to Chinamart™ and I ask dumb questions..

12. Member
    just urbanites trying to reconnect with their rural roots.

13. Member
    All of this crazy crap started about the same time that "Ancestry.com" got popular.

Yes, I learned a couple of years ago that renting chickens was a thing in our area. The suppliers make good money doing it. I live in a big vacation destination for the summer time and there are a lot of snowbirds that are here for just the summer. There is even a city ordinance that allows hen chickens to be kept in the city limits.

The really odd thing is that people will rent the chicken all summer, become attached to it, and then buy the chicken from the supplier at the end of the season because they can't part with it!
    Butch Derickson
    2011 Z521 w/250 hp SHO
    Traverse City, Michigan

15. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger519VS View Post

The really odd thing is that people will rent the chicken all summer, become attached to it, and then buy the chicken from the supplier at the end of the season because they can't part with it!
    While enjoying their bbq chicken wings!

16. Member
    Lol
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

Capitalism and a free market rocks.

18. Moderator
    Store bought for me.

That will never take off............

20. Member
    If Chickens will eat ticks and bring down that population, I'm for it. And more bats to eat the mosqitos please

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast