Talon brackets Help

I have 2 10’ talons on a 2000 TR21 mounted to the jack plate. I’m getting a lot of drag from the mounts when trying to get on plane. The boat is a little heavy in the rear but does fine without the talons. Anyone have any ideas on how to solve this issue

That looks super low to me. Do you have all bolts mounted at the highest settings possible?

3. Member

Brackets

Yes I have everything as high as they will go
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. Member
    That looks very low, the top of my brackets are even with the top of my JP.
    JP.jpg
    Jimmy
    Phoenix 721
    12" Bobs Hydro Plate
    Mercury 300 Xs
    Dave Bush Racing Kit
    28.5 Bravo

If you can tell from this photo, you can see the top cap to the left, and how high above that the brackets are. Now that I look at yours, you are not that far off.
    They are heavy, and they do drag a bit.
    boat plate hieght.jpg

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SJSharky00 View Post
    If you can tell from this photo, you can see the top cap to the left, and how high above that the brackets are. Now that I look at yours, you are not that far off.
    They are heavy, and they do drag a bit.
    boat plate hieght.jpg
    Yes sir they are mounted as high as they'll go. I've talked to a few shops that have seen this setup and I'm being told just about all of them have this issue. If I didn't fish shallow water most of the time I'd be ok with it. I might just have to bite the bullet and purchase a 36v lithium to take some weight off the back.

Based on what I see in the OP's pictures it looks like everything is mounted as high as possible.

If everything is mounted as high as possible try raising the prop to pad height "if" all you need is a little help. If your hole shot is horrible raising the prop to pad height will help but it will also take a lot more to get up on plane quicker. A hole shot foil like what cbaily custom makes is an option. It may sound like I am talking about a hydrofoil but I can assure you a cbailey foil is similiar but yet way different. As for me I have a plastic traditional stingray hydrofoil and I am happy but most people prefer the design and look of a cbailey foil. All I am after is function and a hydrofoil helps tremendously with hole shot. If looks are an issue the I suggest a cbailey foil. A more expensive option that will help is finding the correct type Bravo I prop. When it comes to hole shot the Bravo I is great. They make a XS and FS at various different pitches. I have no idea what's best for your combo but I do know often when someone has hole shot issues the Bravo I comes up as a suggestion for great hole shot.