Lights in compartments?

Hey guys. My boat is a 2012 puma. The lights in the compartments are not bright and very yellow looking.i have a couple questions.

Are these led lights or regular old school lights?

Does BCB offer brighter lights?

Are they just yellow from age?

What if anything have people done to replace these lights and get that bright white light?

Thanks
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx
    250 Pro xs 4S Serial # 3B010758

2. Member
    my stratos came with 194 old school bulbs in the boxes which are yellow and dim. I replaced them all with led bulbs and the difference is well worth the low expense and a few minutes of time
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

If they have butt connectors and stainless switches I would say they are factory installed. And definitely came with the boat if it has the alarm panel. I wouldn't think leds would degrade in color, but my past 3 boats 2015+ the lights were bright white and long strips that were either glued into place or riveted in a small strip style fixture.
    "the head, the tail, the whole damn thing"

4. Member
    The lights do have the push button switches and are in a round tube approx. 8" long and have about 6 to 8 bulbs in them. I would not think that led bulbs would degrade to the yellow look due to being not exposed to the elements so I am thinking they are regular bulbs. But, it would be nice if BCB had direct replacements so I would not have to redrill to mount new lights. I know I can't be the only one that has run into this issue. Surely, someone has replaced theirs.
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx

5. Member
    Just looked through the BCB online store and could not find anything on compartment lights.
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by JINXBASS View Post
    Just looked through the BCB online store and could not find anything on compartment lights.
    I'd call Alan in parts and ask him for new led strips. I wouldnt think that would be a hard install. And if you wanna go further and have flip deck lights, on your gunnels you can upgrade those to led panels as well. I did a install on them via youtube on my 15/16 caracal.
    "the head, the tail, the whole damn thing"