Thread: P2P Phoenix 920

P2P Phoenix 920

I recently repowered to a 4 stroke and looking for the sweet spot on the motor. Its a 14' 920 pro xp. I know P2P is suppose to be 3.25 to 3.5 but what is that on the yellow tape on inside of jack plate measured to the top of the cylinder? I believe when I turn around and look thats what I am looking at. With 2 stroke it was lined up at about 3.75 on the tape

2. Member
    Is it a hydraulic plate? Sounds like it is, in which case a gauge or somewhere on the tape will be your reference point when you find the sweet spot. Drive it and play with it a bit... There are starting spots but loads and conditions will change what the sweet spot is.
    Fish have fins, they swim

3. Member
    Yeah Ive got the gauge in but waiting now on the new console to come in to install. I was just tweaking this weekend a little before im able to open it up to see. Wasnt sure if the 4 strokes liked to run high or low on the atlas plate

4. Member
    Buddies old 13 920 with 2s pro xs liked to take off low and run high. He has a sho on a phx now and it like to just be run high all the time now.
    Fish have fins, they swim

I have a 2019 920 Pro XP with 4S. It depends on which holes the motor and JP are mounted in. On my Atlas JP gauge, 12 is the best all around setting. You'll want a fury3 24 prop and all fury3 24p props are not created equal. I have two of them and one has all the vent holes open. On this one, it will take off with the JP all the way up and just slip a little but drives through it easily. If JP is on 12, it leaps out of the water and takes off like a rocket with no slip. With this prop, I can also run 10mph on plane with the JP all the way up. On my other fury3 24p, it blows out bad if JP is all the way up and vent holes are fully opened. This prop will not plane the boat at 10pmh regardless where I put the JP. They both will run 77mph but they definitely perform different on the low-mid range. Hope this helps and to answer your question, you want PTP 3.25-3.5 with the 4S