Thread: SHO T1 VS T2

SHO T1 VS T2

I had a SHO t1 with a hub go bad. I cant find a T2 to save my life but have found a few like new SHO T1's. Can anyone tell me the difference between the two? I know the T1 hd issues but would you buy a newer one if the hub looked good?

2. Member
    Did you just spin the hub or break the center of the hub which is where T1's usually break. Spun hub can be replaced.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mdtritn21 View Post
    Did you just spin the hub or break the center of the hub which is where T1's usually break. Spun hub can be replaced.
    The hub on the prop was slowly getting out of round and looked like it was about to crack. The prop ran great but I dont want to buy another one used only to have it do the same. Are the T1's junk or what?

4. Member
    I ran a T1 for years until a underwater bridge got in the way.

5. Member
    I have a T2 in mint condition I'd consider selling for the right price. gusgus637@yahoo.com

6. Member
    I think some T1's were more susceptible to a hub failure in the early generations, but overall the general consensus from my end is that T1's had much better quality control and were generally a better out of the box prop. A lot of T2's require work out of the box just to get them to a good baseline in my opinion. Just my opinion.