New to Texas, hoping for some direction on Ray Roberts

Good Day everyone, I recently moved to the Roanoke area, and purchased a boat, after not having one for quite some time, I’ve been looking at Ray Roberts for a while and wanting to fish this weekend before the Bassmasters beat the lake up the following weekend,
    I’ve been looking at the lake maps, google earth, etc..., and doing my research. I’m NOT a tournament angler, just a guy that loves to be on the water, figure out the puzzle and catch some fish. Im definitely a swallow water angler, flipping/pitching, and square bill crankbaits are my strengths. I’d rather bang 4 miles of bank then idle around looking for schools on deep points, I’m not looking or expecting specific information, spots or holes, just hoping for some general guidance, and areas to avoid. I have a couple areas in mind to just spend the day in and learn from there, but any help would be greatly appreciated. I know the lake is high currently and will be falling by this weekend, which adds a whole other dynamic. I also know that when I get on the lake and see all the flooded trees, I. Going to be like, squirrel.... squirrel..... another squirrel......, 😂, I spent the last 4 days on lake grapevine working on that puzzle, although I had the lake to myself most of yesterday.
    Any boating advice would be appreciated as well, kinda like my lower unit the way it is....
    Thanks In advance
    Jon

I run around in a white, with red/silver/black side strip 206 Champion 225 Merc, if you see me, come over and say hello

Welcome to the area. I mostly fish Roberts but by no means am I any good. The area just to the east of the dam is a good shallow water area with lots of bank structure to fish. The south area of the lake is mostly tree free. once you get to the wolf island area on the east side is when you get into the trees. The coves around the Johnson branch park have some good areas I like to fish. I have been venturing a few of the northern arms like Indian and wolf the last year but havn't got anything down.

3. Member
    Right now Ray Roberts is a bit high, but it's not as bad a fork when thinking stumps, but it can get you. I like to Launch from either the Sanger Marina, Pilot Point or Buck Creek ramps, but the east arms of the Lake are clearer than west arms, but are more stumpier in certain areas. Have fun, enjoy, be safe, but stay away from my Honey Holes LOL
    Dwight B
    Semper Fi
    2023 Ranger Z520R, Merc 250HP Pro XS,
    Lowrance HDS LIVE 12 Console and Bow Active Target, Dual 8ft Blade Series Power Poles,
    TH-Marine Atlas Jack Plate's 10" Setback

Welcome to the area. Ray Roberts aka Ray Bob is my home lake. Live minutes from the Jordan Moore Ramp.

South end of the lake from Wolf Island to the dam is pretty open until you go back into the creek arms. Watch for the telephone poles in many of areas / creeks. This means slow to idle and prepare to ping pong if you're not familiar with the area. Beware of the southern point / island, as it has a long rocky point just under the water which will ruin your day if you run it incorrectly. Be very wary of North of Wolf Island. It's a stump minefield. If you're not familiar with it, follow someone who is familiar with it. Or idle...I've been running it for 2 years and still have point where I don't run where others do.

Lake is high due to flooding and there are 3 ramps as of 6/2/21, that are closed: Buck, Pecan, and Pond.

If you're planning to be out this weekend, IM me, I'll send you my cell and will be happy to run you around and show you the lake.
    Been fishin' since I was 5 years old...Thanks Grandpa!