It's no fun being humble

Just fished 2 days on 13 and man, was it hard getting bites. Water temp 64, air temp about the same. Water flow light to medium. Color semi clear to not too good. I was surprised to see heavy barge traffic. Even saw one pass up another - won't see that very often. We visited spots that we have not been to in a long time. But it's Ok. Wanted to check out Millers but the last time it was silted in and I don't want to fight low water back waters. So, it's not hard to be humble - but it's not fun getting your butt kicked. I need some holes to the south part of the pool ... send maps.

Mississippi River Pool 13
    Ranger R93 / Merc 200

I catch a lot more Smallmouth on the South end of the pool, but that is due to the fact that I fish mostly wing dams and other main river type stuff down on that end. Tere are a couple wing dams and at least on barge bulkhead down close to the lock that are almost always a good bet for a couple Smallies in the Summer, but the only problem is that they are not always the 3 lbers that you need to win tournaments on that pool.

3. Member
    I found some on Saturday. I'll send you a message.
    LEGEND ALPHA 199DCX / 225 PRO XS MERCURY

Sunday I'll be taking two pretty girls for a boat ride on the Fox Chain. My gorgeous wife and youngest daughter will be my partners. Staying out of the way of the weekend warriors and having a picnic on the water are in the plan. The ladies want to get some fresh air and sun but I'll be covered and enjoying life. Thanks, Philly and Dave for the tips. I'm already planning a return trip. Anyone else notice the increase in northerns biting. It's been the past couple of years and we get a lot of them ... and loose baits too.

Mississippi River Pool 13
    Ranger R93 / Merc 200