05’ Optimax 115 VST and fuel system suggestions

I bought this boat last year and only had it on the water for about an hour. It’s been in my barn since last June and I am finally getting around to going through everything and getting it ready for the lake.

I am wanting to change all the filters, spark plugs, and the belt. I started by taking out the VST filter and draining it as well. The bottom of the VST under the filter has atleast 3/8” deep contaminants, it appears to be the old non epa fuel hose liner, orangish red colored flakes filing the bottom.

I stopped right when I saw it. I will be calling EuropeanAM parts department when I get a chance to buy all new fuel lines and replace from tank to primary fuel pump.

my question is, what else do I need to watch out for and take care of? I plan to pull the VST off the motor and clean out all the sediment. Let me know what other things I need to address thanks!

2. Member
    pulse pump diaphram kit mandatory claen complete system
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Member
    Great FAQs at top of 2.5 & 3L forums with a bunch of info that applies to ALL Optimax engines, here's one you will find helpful.

FUEL LINES AND PERFORMANCE PROBLEMS
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax