2013 PT 190 TX third battery placement

Just got a great deal on this boat and want to add a second group 27 battery. There’s room in the compartment if I reconfigure the layout but the tray for the 2 group 27s will be over the lower stepped part of the fuel tank. Anyone see an issue w this?

Be best if you posted a picture of your setup in question.
    - 2020 Bass Tracker Classic XL - SOLD
    - 2024 Lowe Stinger 178
    Mercury 115HP ProXS CT
    Vance 6" hydraulic jack plate
    24P 3 blade Ballistic XHS XL propeller
    NGK Ruthenium plugs
    Garmin Force troller
    Garmin 126SV/93SV/73SV Livescope/ dual GT54 transducers
    DD26 motor toter
    IG: extremeboating

3. Member
    Go to the "sticky" Tracker Boats mods thread. Lots of battery compartment pictures. Might give you some ideas
    whatroads - A pun on the "information super highway"
    Tracker 190 TX
    90 hp Merc
    Fortrex 80 w/ 52" shaft

4. Member
    3 fit fine in my 175, I have 2 27s and a 31 for the cranking battery. 20210422_190108.jpg

5. Member
    I fit 3 group 31s AGMs in my boat until I converted to all lithiums.
    2018 Tracker 190 TX
    Torqeedo 10.0
    Humminbird Helix 12 G4N MDI+/SI+
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80

6. Member
    Put your trolling batteries in the compartments right behind your seats. Thats what I did, easy to check water or pull out if you have to. I pulled the plastic box out and beefed it up a little by running a piece of strap from front to back and a piece from side to side, replaced the box and dropped the batteries back in. It opened up a lot of room in the back. Both of my batteries are 31 series. You will have to drill holes to run battery and charging cables and I did that in the corner of the compartments. Just an idea.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Topwater 2 View Post
    Put your trolling batteries in the compartments right behind your seats. Thats what I did, easy to check water or pull out if you have to. I pulled the plastic box out and beefed it up a little by running a piece of strap from front to back and a piece from side to side, replaced the box and dropped the batteries back in. It opened up a lot of room in the back. Both of my batteries are 31 series. You will have to drill holes to run battery and charging cables and I did that in the corner of the compartments. Just an idea.
    Why would you do that? You loose storage in those compartments and they will fit just fine in the rear where they should be.

8. Member
    That compartment is the size of a battery, it doesn't hold much. Maybe I don't carry a much as some of you do.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Topwater 2 View Post
    Hi Topwater2. Do you have pictures of the new battery compartment? Also, pics of where the cables enter the compartment? I'm thinking of adding a 4th battery in the compartment behind the drivers seat to power two Helix 10 fish finders. I have a 190TXW with two bateries for the Ultrex and a cranking battery for the motor and other electronics.
    2021 Tracker 190TXW
    Mercury 115 PRO XS
    Ultrex 80lb 52” iPilot Link
    Bow Mount Humminbird Helix 10
    Cockpit Mount Humminbird Helix 9
    Mega 360
    Mega Live Target Lock

10. Member
    What cranking battery you got for the group 31?
    2020 Tracker TXW 175 Tournament Edition
    Helix 10 MDI G4N, Helix 10 MDI G4N, Helix 9 MSI G3N
    Mega 360, Mega Live, Target Lock
    Ultrex 52”/80lb MDI I-Pilot Link
    Dual Ethernet Hub

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Preluda97 View Post
    What cranking battery you got for the group 31?
    I have one of these. http://www.inspiremotorsports.com/pr...Size31A1000CCA