2012 250 Pro XS dreaded gray fuel line

First, I apologize that I do not have the serial number at hand, I am away from my boat at the time. I will post it as soon as I am back at my shop. I am having an issue with the common "spitting and sputtering" on my 2012 250 Pro XS at higher RPMs, 4000 and up. It will start after 2-3 minutes of running and it can be felt by the boat jumping. But, if I stand in it, it runs like a top and quickly hits the usual 5900-6000, but then starts sputtering again if I decelerate to 4000-5000 RPMs. I am running a 28 Bravo I prop and Bob's lower unit on a 2006 Gambler 2200 DC. I changed primer bulbs this past weekend and was quickly educated on the break down of the gray fuel line. The boat is a 2006 and the fuel line is from the factory. All this being said, I am going to replace all fuel line from the tank to the pulse pump, take pulse pump apart and inspect, take the VST off, clean and inspect, and inspect the grommet-slash-rubber gasket on the high pressure pump. My post is more for encouragement at this point, lol, as I have read countless hours on the issue I am having. I will check the plugs and wires also out of habit. The gray line seems the most logical for me at this point. Thanks to everyone on here who freely gives their advise and education to the many begging like myself, lol! I will post my findings soon!

Sweep test the TPS, this does not sound like a starvation problem as the would be come more prevalent with increased demand for power
    Thank You Leon Pugh

3. Member
    No need to dread gray fuel line only if it has RED lettering. Mercury fuel line with BLUE lettering is good stuff.

Here's the topic that covers treatment process for your situation, don't bother with inspecting pulse pump, simply rebuild it.

FUEL LINES AND PERFORMANCE PROBLEMS
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

4. Member
    So, broke it down last night and found this. The pieces in my hand were found in the pulse pump, the pieces on the towel I was able to shake out, and the other picture is what remained inside the VST. The last pictures are of the high pressure fuel pump sleeve. Moderate amount of corrosion around where the sleeve and high pressure pump sat in the VST. Plan to smooth that out, replace sleeve, rebuild pulse pump, and replace all gray fuel lines.

IMG-2719.jpgIMG-2736.jpgIMG-2734.jpgIMG-2730.jpgIMG-2729.jpg

5. Member
    git er dun
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

6. Member
    In the process of replacing the fuel line and rebuilding the pulse pump I found that the TPS was missing the top two bolts. I have replaced them now. Guess that could have played a part too, with the sensor not being completely stabilized. I’ll be running it Friday and we will see. Fingers crossed!

7. Member
    only 3 bolts in TPS 2 on bottom one on top back
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................