Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

And so it begins!

Was on St Clair today checking a spot known to have beds just to see if any fish were still there and of course not with this large swing in hot and cold weather

As we were discussing what spot to head to next here comes a Nitro bass boat not quite on plane "Blowing" right at us and I'm thinking it's got to be someone I know to motor up that fast right at me but as it gets closer I notice it has two women in it neither of which I know or have ever seen before and they idle within flipping distance of us

I put my hands up as if to say "What" the passenger waves in a manner as if to say "Sorry" and the very large woman driving has a SH** eating grin on her face and as they get right next to us the driver punches the GPS to drops a waypoint on the spot and as soon as she does she picks up speed and finally jumping on plane once they are past us than heads for the next boat and does the same thing to them

I can see this scenario playing out over and over again as the BPS US open draws near

As this spot is a spring time only spot I could care less she not going to find anything worthwhile there in August but WOW
    "The handicapped angler"

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by 21XDC View Post
    So this happens to you all the time?

I guess I'm not that big of a deal
    "The handicapped angler"

I'm not expressing emoticons to you, But to the girls. I don't understand this behavior from a respectful adult. Yes I have been in the boat many times and been circled while making several waypoints.

Go find your own fish..... PEOPLE!!!!!!

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

It’s amazing what a chance at a million dollars will do to people
    I’m afraid this series will influence good people to act badly
    "The handicapped angler"

That is very sad! I keep saying it over and over. People just don't care anymore. They we're brought up with any manors these days.

7. Member
    Interesting. I hadn't thought much about the Open. We launched at Crocker yesterday and the out of state plates were unreal, it was almost 3:1. WV, PA, IL, IN,OH, KY, TN. I know the spawn draws most of them north but June and July should be crazier too.

Yeah if you are dropping those waypoints for an August tournament you aren't going to be in contention that is for sure.

8. dartag1829
    Was in the moot a couple weeks ago looking for beds for our little club tourny. Was out by the reeds and here comes a flotilla across the lake. Boat with a Big Guy pulls up next to me and says he found these fish and was going to fish them. They were a group of 15 from Indiana. I pointed to the largest fish on beds since I had caught them. Went out to the middle of the bay and started catching some. Here come his buddies to give me company. They did thank me for showing them were more beds were. Them guys talk funny. The Bent Pole Pattern lives. Glad I am done out there for the year.

My boat says Florida, but, it stay's in Michigan. The moot is good in May, but, in June after all the party boats visit on Memorial Weekend---No go. Best to get out at 5 and leave when others show up!!

10. Great Lakes Captain RangerTim619's Avatar
    All that fishing pressure is going to take a toll sooner than later. I don't care how big st Clair is that kind of pressure can not be sustained.
    Ranger 619 * Honda 200* Minn Kota* Humminbird *Garmin
    Fenwick *Abu Garcia

11. Member
    Add in the fact we can't fish Canadian waters and you have a very crowded pressured fishery to say the least. It is going to be crazy out there again this summer.

12. Scraps
    I've thought for awhile, that social media and the fact that these scenarios are so visible has created this behavior. To some people reading this if not absorbing the entire story, to some twisted people, they think this is perfectly acceptable behavior if the results for themselves are positive. Completely overlooking the ethics of how the "objective" is reached. A parallel observation could be made, or a statistic, that there are more crazy people out there than you can imagine.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

And a lot more of those crazy people are headed our way this year because of this tournament

We just call them Pelicans

(Pel-i-can) Large mouth, small brain and follows you around trying to steal your fish
    "The handicapped angler"

14. Member

St Clair

I was there for 4 days last week, wow! I have been doing the week before memorial day for decades, that was the most boats I have seen.
    I had boats pull right up on me save the way point, give me a dirty look and then cut right in front of me.
    I would do a 180 and leave. 20 years ago , I would have not been as nice. Bummer, not as fun as it used to be.
    Last edited by hawghunter.419; 06-02-2021 at 05:04 PM. Reason: typo

All that over a fish. Think about that.

16. Member
    Pull out your phone and snap a photo to post. This is a select few from April; each one of these guys saw me catch a fish then trolled right over to cut in front of where I was heading. I told them "smile" before taking a photo. It doesn;t look like it but they're all a cast away from me.
    I quit fishing LSC for smallies once Memorial Day weekend arrives then resume chasing smallies October 1st every year.
    IMG_0937.jpgIMG_0951.jpgIMG_1070.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by AMSDJS View Post
    Pull out your phone and snap a photo to post. This is a select few from April; each one of these guys saw me catch a fish then trolled right over to cut in front of where I was heading. I told them "smile" before taking a photo. It doesn;t look like it but they're all a cast away from me.
    I quit fishing LSC for smallies once Memorial Day weekend arrives then resume chasing smallies October 1st every year.
    IMG_0937.jpgIMG_0951.jpgIMG_1070.jpg
    Cracks me up how they do that with a giant lake like that to fish.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbass201 View Post
    Cracks me up how they do that with a giant lake like that to fish.
    I think the size of the lake is why people do it
    2019 Ranger 212LS with a 2019 Mercury 250 ProXS 4-Stroke
    Humminbird HELIX 10 MSI and HELIX 10 Chirp (side by side at the console)
    Humminbird HELIX 10 MDI+ and HELIX 10 Chirp (stacked at the bow)
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112lb with Humminbird MEGA 360
    Dual Minn Kota 12' Talon with R&R Design
    Extended Emergency Ladder

Is Crocker open and in decent shape. Haven’t launched there yet this year and thinking about getting out down that way sometime this week.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Angler103 View Post
    Is Crocker open and in decent shape. Haven’t launched there yet this year and thinking about getting out down that way sometime this week.
    It's open, I haven't launched there this year though
    2019 Ranger 212LS with a 2019 Mercury 250 ProXS 4-Stroke
    Humminbird HELIX 10 MSI and HELIX 10 Chirp (side by side at the console)
    Humminbird HELIX 10 MDI+ and HELIX 10 Chirp (stacked at the bow)
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112lb with Humminbird MEGA 360
    Dual Minn Kota 12' Talon with R&R Design
    Extended Emergency Ladder

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast