Hillsboro, MO 63050 & Dripping Springs, TX 78620

Best Fishing Lakes in Iowa

Just like the title ask, what/where is the best fishing lakes in Iowa for Bass? For Crappies? For Walleye? For Big Bluegills?
    Want to plan a trip with Grand-Daughter

2. Member
    Cool question glad you asked! Excited to see all the replies. So I live in sw Iowa and really only fish with in a 1hr drive. I will also only mention lakes that you can run a gas motor on. I’m also really only a bass fisherman. The lakes by Creston ia are great for bass
    12-mile, green valley, 3-mile. Keep going East Little river is really good too maybe not as many 5lb-6lb but good numbers. Little bit north is lake Anita (I know very well) it had good numbers of bass and some big ones 5lb/6lb. Prairie Rose is a good up and coming lake for bass but doesn’t have the size yet. There’s also the Iowa Great Lakes. Okoboji, spirit there really good but I have little experience on those. As for the other species I don’t know much about. All of those Mentioned good panfish/stoked walleyes. I have had some luck with walleye on lake icara close to Corning ia.

3. Banned
    There is no answer other than Okoboji. It has every species on your list and trophy fish at that. The Okoboji open was back in April and it took 27lbs to win and a 7+ for big fish. Numerous 6+ fish weighed in as well. Lots of good bars and restaurants in the area as it's our state's big vacationing lake. You can also go to the Berkley outlet store as the pure fishing head quarters is in Spirit Lake

4. Member
    I agree with Okoboji

5. Member
    never been to Okoboji, but from what ive seen that is the lake to go to. Lots of good lakes in Iowa, but from my experience; most are small and overfished.

I’ll give another vote for Okoboji. There probably isn’t another lake in the state that is even close to what it offers for the bluegill fishing. And anyone that has been there knows how good of a bass fishery it is.