Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Berkley flatworms?

Realize last year the flatworms were a hot bait on the elite series and covid likely hampered a lot of manufacturing/supply but I've been trying to order some flatworms since December and all I ever get on the main tackle retailers sites is expected Jan 21, then expected Feb. 16, ...now more recently end of May changed to July 8 on TW. Seems like every major retailer they get to the timeline and then extend it another month and have never had any in stock.
    Surprised there hasn't been a lot of chat about this but has anyone heard anything? Can we expect any maxscent baits from Berkley to ever be in stock before the end of summer? As much as I'd love to try more of the flatworms and understand the circumstances, 6-8 months waiting month to month is a little ridiculous. Rather they just say available for 2022 and at least we'd know what to expect instead of getting strung along. I'm getting close just to cancelling my pre-order and spending my money elsewhere with a company that I can actually depend on and get use this year.

2. Banned
    Yeah, I've been unable to find some anywhere also.. Kinda of sucks..

Buddy of mine bought a boat load of them before the crazy buying started.. He gave me 4 packs and I have been using them very sparingly. They certainly do catch fish !!

3. Member
    10 bags for sale on Lures for sale Forum.

4. Member
    Anyone fish these on something other than drop shot?
    2007 Ranger188vs, Mercury optimax 150

5. Member
    With the Elites getting ready to make their northern swing supply and demand will only increase expediently.

6. Member
    I bought some from Tackle Warehouse during their black Friday sale, and they seemed to have plenty then. At our local Bass Pro they had plenty during the Spring Classic. If what you all are saying is true, it sounds like Berkley might be manufacturing a shortage...

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by posmallie View Post
    I bought some from Tackle Warehouse during their black Friday sale, and they seemed to have plenty then. At our local Bass Pro they had plenty during the Spring Classic. If what you all are saying is true, it sounds like Berkley might be manufacturing a shortage...
    They're running their plastics manufacturing nearly 24/7 in Spirit Lake to try to match demand. They're in no way manufacturing a shortage. Unprecedented demand plus a worker shortage are what's causing problems.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Iowabass3826 View Post
    Anyone fish these on something other than drop shot?
    They’re killer on a Ned Rig.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FowlZurk View Post
    With the Elites getting ready to make their northern swing supply and demand will only increase expediently.

10. Member
    $35.00 a bag on eBay

11. Member
    They definitely work but I haven’t seen much of a catch increase with them over a dream shot. I do really like maxscent on ned rigs
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

12. Member
    Haven't tried on the ned rig. Will be giving it a shot.

Bought 5-6 packs last fall so I am sitting pretty good right now.
    2002 Basscat Sabre Merc 150 XR6
    Humminbird Electronics
    Ionic Lithium Batteries

13. Member
    waiting since winter time for my backorder from LBF, were in stock when I ordered, got half the order and a sorry the rest are backordered, that was months ago, still waiting

14. Member
    Been curious about this as well. Doesn't seem like anyone has had them in stock all year, and when they did before then it seemed to just be a couple colors. Be interesting to see what type of stockpile their pro staff have in their boats and garages.

Had some on order for months now, thinking I’ll never see them.
    @kennethandmacy
    2004 Triton 196
    200 Merc
    1199/898

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by M1RT View Post
    They're running their plastics manufacturing nearly 24/7 in Spirit Lake to try to match demand. They're in no way manufacturing a shortage. Unprecedented demand plus a worker shortage are what's causing problems.
    How in the world could they be producing these things 24/7 yet I never see any "in stock" anywhere??? Even BPS and Cabela's haven't had any for months. One would think they would would be the first to get them as I'm sure they are Berkley's largest retailer.

17. Member
    I probably didn’t help the situation but I popped into bps about a month ago and they had natural shad, green pumpkin, and the black purple flake. Naturally I bought them since I have a few northern trips planned and they’ve always worked well.

18. Member
    Had a buddy buy out a fleet farm of flatworms and maxsent generals when they had a sale on them this spring.
    Fish have fins, they swim

19. Member
    Local BP has them for in store only but good luck finding them right now. They have been all bought up.

20. Member
    Paid $120 for a mold and I can crank out 10 per minute
    2022 Hog Island Skiff
    Johnson 70/40 jet

Bouncin' off rocks, and catching the smallies.

Potomac River Smallmouth Guide

Owner of Potomac Custom Tackle

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast