Thread: Drain holes

Drain holes

I recently just inherited a 1995 cobra that was my grandfathers. After getting it in the water for the first time in probably a year it ran great but after pulling the plug out afterward it seemed like there was quite a bit of water then I noticed what I believe to be the live well intake had a bolt and some plastic shoved In it to plug it. I’m guess there is a plumbing problem or a leak from this spot. Can I just get a rubber drain plug to plug the hole until I can get it in to the boat shop to look at it?

2. Member
    Correction the livewell drain that goes to the live well right behind the driver seat was plugged.
    Last edited by Walden13; 05-31-2021 at 01:54 PM.

Yeah, you really should get little to no water coming out. The only time I do is when I use the cooler cause it drains to the bilge. You can plug the hole and/or close the livewell valve.

Tom

4. Member
    F8207776-41AA-41D0-9810-A9CFF91DDDBC.jpegThe one the right without the screen was the one he had plugged with a bolt and some plastic. And this may be a dumb question I know the one on the left and right is for the livewells and the bottom center one is main drain hole. But what would the top hole for? Kinda new to the boating world. Been around it but never to the point of knowing what everything is.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Walden13 View Post
    F8207776-41AA-41D0-9810-A9CFF91DDDBC.jpegThe one the right without the screen was the one he had plugged with a bolt and some plastic. And this may be a dumb question I know the one on the left and right is for the livewells and the bottom center one is main drain hole. But what would the top hole for? Kinda new to the boating world. Been around it but never to the point of knowing what everything is.
    It's your livewell overflow drain.

6. Member
    The holes with the screens are both livewell intake and drain. There should be actuators by your gear shift that will control whether you are filling, draining, or recirculating. I would guess you have a hose leaking or a valve or pump broken that is letting water into your bilge area. Back your boat in the water still strapped to the trailer and go look in the bilge area. I'm betting you will see where your water is coming from.

7. Member
    Thank you