Gains with flashed 150 SHO

Has anyone flashed their 150 that can share performance gains?

2. Member
    Also interested in this! Do both Hydro Tec & Simon offer the reflash of 150 SHO ecu's?

3. Member
    I only contacted Simon's. They said the 150 could be flashed up to 200 and the rev limiter could be raised or left stock.
    Not many boats my size run a 200, so I have little to work with on expectations. I repowered feom a 115 to this 150 and picked up around 10mph. I suspect I would gain around 6 mph but that's purely a guess.

4. Member
    Something to consider, the VF150s have a 2:1 gear ratio instead of the 1.86:1 ratio in the 175s and 200s.

5. Member
    Thanks for the info! I just purchased a 2014 Phoenix 618 with a 150 SHO. No accurate #'s yet. The previous owner had never changed it from the factory set up. I'm considering a reflash once I get it set up right with the 150. I'll update you if I go for the reflash. Thanks again.
    Last edited by OnTRAK; 06-04-2021 at 07:26 AM.

6. Member
    I have a 175. Emailed around and Simon was the only one I found with a flash for the 2.8L motors; $680 plus shipping. Like mentioned previously it bumps up to 200hp. I wonder how it’s mapped; is it the tune from the f200? I haven’t heard any reports from anyone with a flashed baby SHO but I’d definitely be interested. Been meaning to call Simon and get more details.

I’d go ahead and get it done if I wasn’t worried about warranty issues. I still have about 3 years left. When the warranty runs out it’ll be a no brainer for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Crappiekilr View Post
    Something to consider, the VF150s have a 2:1 gear ratio instead of the 1.86:1 ratio in the 175s and 200s.
    That’s a good point that I didn’t consider. I’d like to hear how the 200hp and 2:1 gears perform together.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OnTRAK View Post
    Thanks for the info! I just purchased a 2014 Phoenix 618 with a 150 SHO. No accurate #'s yet. The previous owner had never changed it from the factory set up. I'm considering a reflash once I get it set up right with the 150. I'll update you if I go for the reflash. Thanks again.
    If you’re seriously considering the reflash you might go ahead and do that before messing with setup. You’ll probably have to do the setup again (prop pitch, motor height, etc.) with the additional HP. Flashing first might save you some time and money in the long run unless you’re wanting to see if the performance with the 150 is satisfactory first.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ajw18 View Post
    If you’re seriously considering the reflash you might go ahead and do that before messing with setup. You’ll probably have to do the setup again (prop pitch, motor height, etc.) with the additional HP. Flashing first might save you some time and money in the long run unless you’re wanting to see if the performance with the 150 is satisfactory first.
    Thanks for the info on Simon. I want to find the potential of the 150 on my 618 before considering the reflash. What boat are you running your 175 on, & what are your performance #'s? Thanks again.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OnTRAK View Post
    Thanks for the info on Simon. I want to find the potential of the 150 on my 618 before considering the reflash. What boat are you running your 175 on, & what are your performance #'s? Thanks again.
    No worries.

Running an Xpress X19. I have a 23 Sho prop and a 22p Tempest Plus. The SHO gets the best top end but it likes to run pretty high and it’s hard to get up to rpm in the heat of the summer with a load. Either prop is just above 60 mph most of the time with a full load and myself. My best top speed was about 65 mph with the 23p SHO at the end of break-in but I didn’t have much in the boat and there was a good current pushing me. 6000 rpm is my benchmark.

10. Member
    Thanks again!