Rodman VS St.John

BBC,
    Been away for while. How’s the river and or Rodman fishing? Not looking for any secrets just wondering how the bite has been.

Breaking in a new boat on Santa Fe Tuesday going to spend Wed and Thurs on the river or Rodman then hitting the road again for work.

2. Member
    Been about 50-50 for those who know the waters. Rodmand been a little easier because of the schoolers showing them selves. But it should be time for that to slow down.
    Stroker / 250xs
    Triton 180 / 175 pro xs

Billy,
    Rodman for right now, fishing decent, don't know about the River, its been a minute. What kind of boat did you get??

Spanky

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky06 View Post
    Billy,
    Rodman for right now, fishing decent, don't know about the River, its been a minute. What kind of boat did you get??

Spanky
    I got aNitro Z20 pro. Going to Santa Fe in the morning to start the breakin. Been fishing from a bay boat in salt for the last few years. Going back to bass. If the weather is good Saturday call me 352-215-0993 new number not sure you have that one MC

Quote Originally Posted by bassinloose View Post
    I got aNitro Z20 pro. Going to Santa Fe in the morning to start the breakin. Been fishing from a bay boat in salt for the last few years. Going back to bass. If the weather is good Saturday call me 352-215-0993 new number not sure you have that one MC
    Will Do Brother!!

Spanky

6. Member
    If you run shell bars and donate a lot of gas money, have historic spots offshore the river can be good. Rodman can be awesome and cold. Last two trips to rodman I had a great hour and 8 boring hours. If you want to know if you should fish rodman or the river look at the Wolfston scoreboard. I think 5 bags over 20 pounds out of 396. 18-9 several weeks at Lake Fork got a pro 50th place on day one. If you are fun fishing I would stay in the lakes around the area.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion922 View Post
    If you run shell bars and donate a lot of gas money, have historic spots offshore the river can be good. Rodman can be awesome and cold. Last two trips to rodman I had a great hour and 8 boring hours. If you want to know if you should fish rodman or the river look at the Wolfston scoreboard. I think 5 bags over 20 pounds out of 396. 18-9 several weeks at Lake Fork got a pro 50th place on day one. If you are fun fishing I would stay in the lakes around the area.
    Went to Rodman ended up with a good bag but had to work very hard for every bite.

Lije I said I have been away for while couple years but what the hell happen to the grass. Going to the river and drag some shell beds and learn the I Pilot link.

thanks for your help

8. Member
    Cant go wrong all year heading into Salt Run and throw moving baits. Fish hold in there all year. 10 bucks for ramp and can stay on trolling motor all day.

9. Member
    Me and some guys fished around Palatka last week and it was slo-o-ow. Fished mainly live shiners.

10. Member
    The river showed out yesterday in a big way in the Xtreme at Rodeheaver. 28 to win and 19 something to get a check. Two bags with 19 didn't get a check. Only one check came out of Rodman, and that was the Woods brothers( no surprise there).
    Stroker / 250xs
    Triton 180 / 175 pro xs

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MARK R View Post
    The river showed out yesterday in a big way in the Xtreme at Rodeheaver. 28 to win and 19 something to get a check. Two bags with 19 didn't get a check. Only one check came out of Rodman, and that was the Woods brothers( no surprise there).
    Dang good bags this past weekend Mark!

12. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    We had our club tourney out of Astor the 12th and I was VERY surprised! I did not pre fish because, well I hate fishing there! I studied the map, came up with a game plan, and had 14.10 (3 fish limit) by 8:45am! That included a really nice 9.25. We go to 3 fish June, July and August because we are a coangler club, but I was fishing alone.

I caught 15 keepers, 5-8 undersize, and rode around enjoying the scenery a lot. By far the best fishing that section of the river has ever produced for me! Other than the 9 pounder every fish was a twin; 1lb10oz-2lb6oz. A lot of guys zero’d or caught 1-2. I fortunately had a lucky horseshoe shoved somewhere
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

I have been to Rodman twice and St Johns 4 times along with Lake George. With a total of 5 days fishing Rodman about 9-10 hrs each day, I had a total of 0 bass. I will never launch a boat there again in my life. As for Lake George and the river, i have had great trips every time. Usually in feb-march time frame. Very crowded though. Too many people out sight fishing that time of year.
    2022 Blazer 675 Ultimate
    2022 Merc 300 Pro XS
    2017 YZ250F
    Kenny Hollingsworth<<<<<<<<<MY NAME!
    828 674 6752
    Hendersonville NC<<<<MY LOCATION!!

14. Member
    Rodman has been the most consistent bite for us the last couple months.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Casslaw View Post
    We had our club tourney out of Astor the 12th and I was VERY surprised! I did not pre fish because, well I hate fishing there! I studied the map, came up with a game plan, and had 14.10 (3 fish limit) by 8:45am! That included a really nice 9.25. We go to 3 fish June, July and August because we are a coangler club, but I was fishing alone.

I caught 15 keepers, 5-8 undersize, and rode around enjoying the scenery a lot. By far the best fishing that section of the river has ever produced for me! Other than the 9 pounder every fish was a twin; 1lb10oz-2lb6oz. A lot of guys zero’d or caught 1-2. I fortunately had a lucky horseshoe shoved somewhere
    very nice! You definitely saw me down there fishing for the 2-day aba tournament.

SJR weakest year in last few for my style... one limit! Fished it at least 20x... topwater on pad fields which I prefer is way way way down on blowups...
    I end up flipping the long pad strip edges for many hundreds of yards to catch 2-3... keep telling myself my 6-8 spots cannot all be down like this but they are for me...
    lots of mudfish, especially in Lake Crescent where I have caught 25# of them in a day more than once the past 2 months...

2018 Z19/200 Optimax 2 stroker 24x3 Fury Ultrex 112
    Lowrance HDS 12/9 Lives with 3 in 1 ducers

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by reelman View Post
    SJR weakest year in last few for my style... one limit! Fished it at least 20x... topwater on pad fields which I prefer is way way way down on blowups...
    I end up flipping the long pad strip edges for many hundreds of yards to catch 2-3... keep telling myself my 6-8 spots cannot all be down like this but they are for me...
    lots of mudfish, especially in Lake Crescent where I have caught 25# of them in a day more than once the past 2 months...
    This echos my experience this past year! Man I long for the days of the eel grass!