Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

All lithium setup ride

I'm taking advantage of the Ionic Lithium battery sale and going lithium on my cranking battery. Already running 3 50ah lithiums for trolling motor.
    I've been having a balance problem with the AGM I'm replacing. Can anyone say how lightening the back of the boat impacted performance?
    Phoenix 921ProXP Mercury 250 ProXS

2. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    the 40lbs you will be taking out of the driver side will help balance it, back when I ran my K2s and a X2-31 cranking it ran heavy on the Starboard side but when going to all IONIC with the 125ah balance was easy

just needed to lower the jackplate a little

I find that taking off at 1/4 trim gets me out in front faster, but that's running a bailey foil and lithium's, if I was to take off trimmed all the way down I have to hit the hot foot and trim leaver at the same time
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

Better hole shot same top end for me in a 920

Are the 3 50ah enough power I would think you would want the 100ah?

5. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DEdwards View Post
    50ah and 100ah will run the trolling motor with the exact same power, the 100s will just go twice as long in a days fishing, for the average bass fisherman fishing 9 hours on lakes the 50ah are usually plenty but if you fish big water, rivers with strong current or fish 15 hours days then the 100ah are a better option
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    info@drewcraft.com

6. Member
    Will the sale still be going on in a year? It'll take me that long to save for batteries and a charger.
    "Everyone should believe in something; I believe I'll go fishing."

-Henry David Thoreau

Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths

author unknown

2015 Phoenix 919 225 Yamaha SHO

I have three 100 AH for the troller. Currently my boat is setting in the garage with 75% charge on those batteries after fishing a 8 tournament on Sunday and 4 hours Monday evening. I have an 8 hour tournament this Saturday and I'm not even going to charge them. 50 AH will be plenty for 95% of fishermen. My buddy has two 50 AH for his 24V system. He's typically at 65% after 8 hours

Will they charge faster or slower than AGM's...having trouble fishing all day and the next morning they don't charge to 100%. Thanks for the responses!

9. Member
    Will they charge faster or slower than AGM's...having trouble fishing all day and the next morning they don't charge to 100%. Thanks for the responses!
    Charge faster and depending what size you get you may not even have to worry about getting to 100% charge on the TM batteries. I run 100ah and rarely do I use more than 30-40% in a day
    Fish have fins, they swim

Your issue is the charger you are using. Not the battery. What charger do you have?

2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew 2.7L Ecoboost FX4
    2021 Phoenix 721/ Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    HDS16 Pro- Solix15 : Console
    HDS16 Pro W/AT - Garmin 126 W/ lvs34 - Solix12/ 360 : Bow
    Dual 10' Blades/ Lowrance Ghost/ Bobs Hydraulic Plate
    225ah cranking / 100ah trolling. Ionic/Relion lithium

MLF Invitationals Angler
    Instagram @brettcarnright

11. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Edwards View Post
    Will the sale still be going on in a year? It'll take me that long to save for batteries and a charger.
    info@drewcraft.com

Dual Pro charger built in the boat....dealer said that if the charger does not detect voltage then it will not charge? I was at Mille Lacs and was on the troll motor 9 hours straight on high looking for beds and the troll motor batteries would charge all night and register with one green bar our of five

Dual Pro charger built in the boat....dealer said that if the charger does not detect voltage then it will not charge? I was at Mille Lacs and was on the troll motor 9 hours straight on high looking for beds and the troll motor batteries would charge all night and register with one green bar our of five
    If it’s a sportsman it’s 10amp per bank. If it’s a professional it’s 15amps per bank. Most batteries can be safely charged at 30amps. The higher the amps the faster the charge. For this exact reason you are stating I stack my dual pro chargers, I currently own 3 of them (1 sportsman and 2 professional) and the sportsman only gets use during this time of the year when I’m heavy on the trolling motor I will charge at 25 amps each battery with a 10amp bank from the sportsman and 15 amp from the professional. This system usually will charge a cooked battery in about 6 hours.

you do know that 1 solid green bar is completely charged right? The red bars are showing progress of the charge. Eventually the red becomes a flashing green for the top off stage. Then the solid green means 100% charged. When you plug it in if the solid red lights come on then it’s charging. Typically a 10amp charger only puts out like 8 amps. A 15 amp charger will do like 13 amps.

the other day I drained my 100ah lithiums to 27%. It took 8 hours to fully charge them back up to 100%. If I stacked chargers it could have been even faster maybe like 5 hours but I wasn’t going out the next morning so I didn’t.

MLF Invitationals Angler

Thank you for the reply I will look at my charger when I get home. Do you think I would be better off with Lithium's?

Thank you for the reply I will look at my charger when I get home. Do you think I would be better off with Lithium's?
    Lithiums do not charge substantially faster. They charge maybe 1 hour faster than lead acids will. Lithium you can charge at almost 100% of their ah rating safely. Most recommend 50% but it’s possibly to do 100%. It’s all based on manufacture. Literally I can hook a 100amp charger to a battery and have it fully charged in a hour. That’s why they say they can charge 5x faster. It’s still amps going into a battery. A 100ah battery won’t magically charge faster on a 10amp charger. For example if I draw my battery down 50ah it’s not going to just hit 100% in 2 hours with just a 10amp charger. It’s going to be at 70% after 2 hours. It’s the option to charge at a high amp that makes them charge faster but you need to have that charger to do it. Like I said previously most lead acids can be charged at .3 rate which is 30% when talking about a 100ah battery so 30amps. If it’s a 50ah lead acid battery it’s 15amps. But all of our marine chargers are basically setup as either 5amp 10amp or 15amp and are more expensive as you go up in amps. If they made a 30amp per bank 5 bank charger it would be the deal. Probably cost 1500 bucks but it would be legit. I know drew sells a stand alone charger that is like 20-25amps as far as I know and lithium pros I believe has something similar.

now if you are talking about would you get longer run time with lithium vs lead acid. Answer is yes. About 30-40% longer in real world situations. I’ve talked about this multiple times. Back when I ran lead acid I would kill a set dead in about 10 hours when bed fishing and go back to the ramp and swap batteries to another set in my truck and go out to finish the last 6 hours of my day. For this reason was the reason I invested in lithiums. Nothing other but run time. Everything else is a bonus. With lithiums I can fish that full 16 hours and come off the water with just as much power as when I started. The ah are down but the voltage is there and the power. I’ve killed them 1 time bed fishing for the last 3 years in about 10 of these 16 hour days. I’m about to do a 16 hour day tomorrow and another Saturday as well. Last weekend was my first day bed fishing this year. I did from 6am to 8pm and was at 27% when I got to the ramp. My cousin with brand new lead acids was dead at 5pm. I have 1 ionic in my trolling motor setup and 1 ionic in my cranking setup. The other 3 batteries are relion. I just got the ionics 2 weeks ago. When I hook them up I get about 14amps until the battery reaches about 80-85%. Then the amps slow to about 4-5amps for the last 2 hours and 15% of the charge. That’s why it took 8 hours to charge from 27% to 100% on a dual pro professional. When I stack the banks on the ionic the battery app shows 28 amps and charges twice as fast. I’ve talked to dual pro about stacking and they said it’s perfectly fine to do so. I typically don’t unless I’m in an extreme time crunch. I’ll probably be stacking this Friday night.

MLF Invitationals Angler

I'm running a Ghost trolling motor on them. And I use them hard. Rivers, wind, I'm typing this while on a windy Lake Champlain. I don't use them lightly. And the lowest I've seen at the end of the day is 70 percent.

Using 50ah or 100 ah?

Down to 17% today on the trolling motor batteries. The app says should be charged in 6.5 hours but it will probably be more like 8 since it’s going to taper off as the battery tops off. 5:30am to 8:30pm

MLF Invitationals Angler

I'm using 3-50ah ionics on my Ghost. Just got back from Champlain. Fishing all day, in the wind. Lowest I saw was around 68-70 percent charge at the end of a long day. I'm sure part of it is the Ghost. But the 50's are plenty.

What I noticed is it was easier to drive my 921 over 70 mph with the heavy AGM batteries in the back. I don't have it balanced yet, 3-lithiums on one side, an AGM on the other. But I'm wondering if the decrease in weight in the back of the boat is not what they were designed for.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast