How To Remove HD Hub Kit used in Mercury 4 Stroke Props

I know this has been asked a ton so I made a quick video on how I remove the Hub Kit when I switch out props. Maybe this will help someone. Thanks!

Good video. Using a socket extension helps control placement and adds a handle when using the hammer. If you place propeller over a hole or similar, you can just drive the hub out w/o the need of screwdrivers.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by 21XDC View Post
    Good video. Using a socket extension helps control placement and adds a handle when using the hammer. If you place propeller over a hole or similar, you can just drive the hub out w/o the need of screwdrivers.
    Thanks! Yeah I considered using an extension but already had the vid made LOL. Need to rig up a wood block with a hole in it to drive it through! That's a good suggestion.

4. Member
    I use a full roll of duct tape. Place the prop on it and punch it out with a mallet and a socket. Works great!
    2017 Crestliner Commander 1850, Mercury 150 4 Stroke
    2021 Crestliner XF 189, Mercury 115 4 Stroke