Bob's jackplate goes up but sticks going down

10" bob's jackplate. It likes to stick while going down. For the last couple weeks if it would stop while going down I could just raise it an inch or so and take it back down. That usually helped. Now it keeps sticking at the 4" mark when going down. Raise it and start back down now and it stops around the 4" mark every time. You can here the pump actually running not the solenoid clicking. It just keeps binding up while going down. I am up north fishing and could definitely use it in working order. I just took a video just this afternoon once I got back to the lodge.

Caught a bolt of lightning...
    Cursed the day he let it go

2. Member
    I have one doing the same... they have 2 "tension rods/bars that you should check.....I think hand tight then quarter turn.

3. Member
    When was the last time you greased it?
    2020 Nitro Z20 250 Pro XS

4. Member
    Check to see if the is anything caught in the plate grooves,otherwise,run it full up and grease it.

pretty much what Bob's told me to do a couple of weeks ago on the phone. I just went out and jumped in the lake and tried adjusting them again. Still sticks coming down. I got it lowered to the 2" mark and am gonna leave for now.

5 weeks ago then gave it another shot of grease last week.

7. Member
    Mine is/was sticking at random times both directions and I also noticed a couple drips of oil in the garage. Looked it over close and found the seal on the shaft at the top of the pump is partly pushed out and the bottom inner part of the seal is turned up and can be seen from the top. I called and spoke to Bobs and they said it would be covered under warranty and I got my replacement pump today.

8. Member
    Mine did the exact same thing replaced it with the new pump they sent me and on the third time out its sticking and wont come down. It doesn’t do it all the time but it’ll go up just fine then when you go to lower it the pump just runs and it doesn’t move. I will be honest I haven’t greases it in a while so i hit it with some grease and we will see how it does on the next tip.