Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lithium cranking battery

Are lithium batteries ok to use on a 2015 250 ProXS 2 stroke? If not why?
    Phoenix 921ProXP Mercury 250 ProXS

2. Member
    Well I am considering one so my voltage won’t drop
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

3. Member
    i have been looking at the impulse lithium platinum 12v 120ah battery looks interesting,,,anyone have any feedback?

I just ordered a Ionic Lithium battery 125AH battery for my electronics and cranking. I've been running three of their 50AH batteries on my trolling motor for the past year with excellent results.
    I heard about voltage issues with lithium and outboards. Don't know details but Andy at Ionic Lithium says their battery is fine with motors. And lots of people use them.

5. Member
    I'm running the 125ah on a 2008 250proxs with zero problems.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixDrew View Post
    Heard it's a NO NO and had a couple friends try it with motor issues. I will say that had the biggest depthfinders and power poles attached.

7. Member
    If it has a Battery Management it will be a issue, as it will trip out due to current draw. Ionic will work, any lithium actual starting battery will do a fantastic job
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

Quote Originally Posted by DewRonInc View Post
    If it has a Battery Management it will be a issue, as it will trip out due to current draw. Ionic will work, any lithium actual starting battery will do a fantastic job
    I am going with Ionic Lithium battery. What's special about them?

9. Member
    Great warranty, good support, designed battery for cranking
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

10. Member
    ionicc starter compared to impulse starter battery,,?

differences please...
    feedback..
    looking for single battery for 300x outboard application,,

11. Member
    Relion 100HP for 4yrs now,250 ProXs. Not a glitch to mention. All boat accessories to include electronics haven't been able to stop this batteries performance.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixDrew View Post
    theyll work fine get a big un
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

I have been using the Relion RB100HP for 4 seasons now with no problems on my SHO. When looking for a Lithium cranking battery it is important to look at the specs carefully. The Relion RB100-HP is designed with 800 cranking amps rating and a 1000 amp cutoff. Their standard RB100 that you would used for a trolling motor is rated at 200 amps max draw. Other manufacturers would have similar ratings on their batteries. A lot of manufacturers don't even have a battery rated for starting amp loads.
    Butch Derickson
    2011 Z521 w/250 hp SHO
    Traverse City, Michigan

14. Member
    I have a 125AH Ionic with 2014 250xs....works great with 3 Solix units all day with livewells etc....Word of caution fo all Lithiums at times....They need to be started up and let them warm up with electronics 10 minutes or so. Reason I say this is I've seen high voltage 16 plus volts at times right away if I don't let my battery warm up . Other than that works great all day
    Darrell Shull
    Prosperity, SC
    2021 Charger 210 Elite , 2023 Mercury V8 250 Pro XS

15. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Mercury has come out an clarified that they have not tested or approved Lithium Batteries for use with Mercury engines.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

16. Member
    I have an IONIC 125 as the starter, electronics, and accessories power source. 200 hp Merc Pro XS, and run two 12's and one 9 for electronics. No problems at all.

17. Member
    I went with the Impulse Platinum 120AH. First day out with it, I ran 2 hds 12 carbons, active target, both livewell pumps all for 5 hours straight just to see what that battery would do. At the end of it I had a short 5
    mile run back to the ramp. When I started the my 200 Pro XS, I had 71% charge on the battery and when I got to the ramp, I had 76%. Very impressed and they have the best warranty of all with a 10 year non pro rated warranty. I bought mine through Kevin at K&K Customs. Would highly recommend. Oh and it starts the motor instantly with much more ease than the 31xhd interstate I replaced.

18. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by fast1200gp View Post
    ionicc starter compared to impulse starter battery,,?

differences please...
    feedback..
    looking for single battery for 300x outboard application,,
    Our 120 Ah platinum Cranker Contains Grade a plus matched Cylindrical cells ( not the cheaper prismatic cells) and a proprietary BMS made just for Cranking. It features our awesome Bluetooth app and has been tested on all Pro xs as well as Yamaha Sho outboards as well as g1 and g2 evinrudes. It also has as mentioned the best warranty in the business at a true 10 year w no proration. Its a 10 year repair or replace. Instock and $1050.00 with free shipping at K and K Kustomz.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    Mercury has come out an clarified that they have not tested or approved Lithium Batteries for use with Mercury engines.
    didn't mercury just buy a lithium battery company?
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

20. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    No, BRUNSWICK (the parent company of Mercury) purchased a company that specializes in Lithium Batteries.

There may come a day when their specific BMS is approved by Mercury- but that was not really the driving force behind Brunswick's purchase.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast