Thread: Cold snap

Cold snap

Waited for the rain to pass yesterday and headed to Bennington Bogs/Powdermill for a couple of hours. Main river temp above the launch was 58 - it was 75 about 10 days ago! Backwaters above the launch were 5 degrees warmer. Everything (not many) came around deeper milfoil on a chatterbait. Probably would have been better off with a swim jig?, as the stuff is starting to top out and the fish were not chasing up. Threw a T-rig lizard and a jig with no love. Did get one great blowup on a frog though.

2. Member
    Went out this afternoon and fished in that wind driven rain not far from where you were today. Got 14 for myself and my buddy got 9 all in about 3 hours, all of them in a normal t-rigged craw. Tried a bunch of other stuff but they were smashing that craw left and right so I quickly just stuck to that. No idea on temp, left all my graphs at home as I felt good they would be shallow in the lilly pads, and they were.

Ended up fishing the Cape this Weekend.
    Wanted to fish the mouth of the canal but it was way to rough. We took some advice from a local tackle shop, launched in Buzzards Bay and went for some Sea bass.
    My friend has caught them before but it was my first time. We hit a area the shop suggested and killed them.
    We each probably caught 20 + and both kept a limit.
    Also caught a few blue fish. Saturday was to windy to launch. I tried fishing off shore in the canal and almost got blown off the rocks a few times. Lol
    Ended up skunked. Sunday was wind and rain again but we gave it a shot anyway. We launched in Buzzards again.
    There was only one other boat for a few then had the place to ourselves. We couldn't get to our spot but we tried. It was just to rough. We stayed closer in and only caught 1 blue fish and lost a few. Once we came close to shore I caught a flounder and 2 sea robins on a jerk bait and that was it. Cold ,rainy and windy. Had a great time but I'm pretty happy to be inside and dry with the heat on right now
    " Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

way to go Tim, glad you had time for an adventure! I'm hoping to catch sea bass and tog's this year. maybe a few other species too.
    Fart proudly. Author, Benjamin Franklin.

1998 SKEETER ZX 202-C
    150 V-Max TRP
    MinnKota Ultrex-112. All paid with cash of course!

5. Moderator
    Glad to see some fish were caught. Never put a rod in my hand......

Buddy needed help repointing his entire chimney before he sells his house and why I had the bucket truck I cut down a bunch of trees here and at a few neighbors house ... actually kind of happy it was shitty out would have been pissed being in the bucket truck all weekend thinking about how I could be fishing

Will get my fill on Cobby in a week to make up for it

7. Member
    They were on fire again yesterday. Tried my luck on a smaller lake with both largies and smallies, but they must have just abandoned beds. Found a few still locked on, plucked a couple, but could only get runty largies to bite anything anywhere else. Had a few BIG followers on the glide but no takers.

Second spot went much better. Jig or t-rigged craw where the veggies were too thick for a jig, they were trying to rip the rod out of my hands every bite. Should have gone to that second spot first instead! Color was key the last two days. Had to change it up a bit for today but the impact was immediate once I made a change.

8. Member
    Hit Stumpfield on Monday, staying on the lake side and the channel. Couldn't get bit unless I was soaking a T-rigged brushhog. No signs of bait or fish chasing, unless you count the slime-darts. Managed 7 in four hours, biggest about 3.5 - a fatty, with no marks on her.