21TRX with Fury 4 or Bravo

Just curious who has one of these boats and has run either a Fury 4 blade or Bravo prop? How was your experience with it? Considering trying one on mine.

2. Member
    Did you lower your motor with the fury 3 yet? You might like it better after you do. I tried both those props on my 21 TrX. The Bravo is best for bow lift. Both four blades will run higher than standard fury.

3. Member
    Yes I tried running the 24p Fury 3 and it seemed to like it better around 4” below pad, but the motor would only turn it 5700rpm and 71-72mph. I then tried running the 23p Fury 3 and that prop seemed to like being around 3”- 3 1/4” below pad. With the 23 it would turn about the same speed but was able to turn 6k rpms, however it was pretty humid out the other day, so maybe there is a little more in that setup on a less humid day. My last Triton (20TRX with Evinrude G2) ran well with a Fury 4 blade so I’m curious if this boat would too.

4. Member
    I'm running a bravo on my 21TRX with twin talons and love it! I have a 300 Pro XS 4 stroke and carry a heavy load most of the time due to extra anglers in the boat. I'm currently running a 26p and can run down the lake in the low 70's turning 5850 RPM with 3 people in the boat. I love how it jumps on plane and handles at all speeds for what I do. I did try the fury 4 but didn't feel it carried the boat nearly as well as my bravo.

5. Member
    The fury 4 has more stern lift than the bravo. I never have liked stern lift

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bowtech71 View Post
    I'm running a bravo on my 21TRX with twin talons and love it! I have a 300 Pro XS 4 stroke and carry a heavy load most of the time due to extra anglers in the boat. I'm currently running a 26p and can run down the lake in the low 70's turning 5850 RPM with 3 people in the boat. I love how it jumps on plane and handles at all speeds for what I do. I did try the fury 4 but didn't feel it carried the boat nearly as well as my bravo.
    So it’s probably safe to assume I could try running a 25 or 25.5 Bravo with my setup being as my boat has a 250 Pro XS 4S.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrain89 View Post
    So it’s probably safe to assume I could try running a 25 or 25.5 Bravo with my setup being as my boat has a 250 Pro XS 4S.
    You need a 25 or less in Bravo.

Just be clear about which Bravo you buy. Ideally you want a Bravo 1 FS with all plugs in. This is a short barrel prop with only 4 vent holes designed for the 4 stroke. It actually does give some stern lift due to the shortened barrel and has a nice fat V8 sound. This prop actually runs less pitch than it says. A 25 Bravo 1 FS will be similar to a 23 Fury 3 blade in terms of rpm. If you can’t find the FS because they are hard to get, the XS is identical but with 8 vent holes for the 2 stroke but can all be plugged.
    You’ll love the holeshot, mid punch pushes you back in the seat and the boat just feels nice.
    Last edited by thommo59; 06-09-2021 at 03:41 AM.
    2018 TRX 18. 2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8

9. Member
    Thanks for the input guys.. I’ll keep my eyes open for a 25p Bravo FS