Thread: Pt165 imporved

Banned

Pt165 improved

Custom fuel cell that slides under the rear seat post having 3 batteries that are not piled on top of each other now. I had 3 before with the factory fuel tank and it was an absolute shit show. Capacity went from 12 gallon factory to 11.20 gallons
    IMG_20210528_213317424.jpg
    IMG_20210529_132015196.jpg
    Last edited by Tinman90; 06-03-2021 at 12:23 PM.

2. Member
    That is a nice improvement.

3. Member
    Nicely done.
    2018 Tracker Pro Team 190 TX
    115 Mercury Pro XS 4S

4. Banned
    Why these boats don't come factory this way is beyond me. I swear they try to give you as little space to work with as possible. The tank is also easily removable if you would need to work on the livewell feed hose

It's because they want to give you as basic and barebones a model all the while putting in as little work as possible to keep the cost down to them, ultimately passing those savings on to you.

I ended up doing something similar with my 2020. I wound up using a 12 gallon portable unit and am running 3 batteries as well. You literally have to play Jenga in there to try and make it fit, but if you play your dimensions right you can make it work. Great job on your boat by the way! It looks great.

Here's a photo of my setup.

20210428_192917.jpg
    - 2020 Bass Tracker Classic XL - SOLD
    - 2024 Lowe Stinger 178
    Mercury 115HP ProXS CT
    Vance 6" hydraulic jack plate
    24P 3 blade Ballistic XHS XL propeller
    NGK Ruthenium plugs
    Garmin Force troller
    Garmin 126SV/93SV/73SV Livescope/ dual GT54 transducers
    DD26 motor toter
    IG: extremeboating

6. Banned
    I tried to do a portable 12 gallon tank and it just would quite fit and give me the room I needed. Years ago I ripped out the factory tank and just ran a 6 gallon when I had my 9.9 on it. Going to a 50 2 stroke 6 gallons just isn't enough

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman90 View Post
    I tried to do a portable 12 gallon tank and it just would quite fit and give me the room I needed. Years ago I ripped out the factory tank and just ran a 6 gallon when I had my 9.9 on it. Going to a 50 2 stroke 6 gallons just isn't enough
    Oh I absolutely agree. 6 gallons for a 4 cylinder motor is a stupid move, like I understand why they do it, but geez, at least give people a little bit more room to be able to run an expanded tank if they choose to.

By the way, to those inquiring about running a larger capacity tank, the tank I ran was a low profile Moeller 12 gallon tank that I picked up at West Marine. I can post up the part number if anyone is interested in going this route over custom.
    - 2024 Lowe Stinger 178
    Mercury 115HP ProXS CT
    NGK Ruthenium plugs
    Garmin Force troller
    DD26 motor toter

8. Banned
    Filled the tank up today. Put 11.285 gallons in it and believe it would have taken a bit more. Should be able to get 3 full days on the water with that. Way better than he factory 12 gallon tank that took up the entire bilge

9. Member
    Awesome!
    I have a 175TXW and a 75HP and it has a 21.5 gallon tank which imo is entirely too large. I added a 31 series battery so now have 2x 31s and a 27 series and it was a tight fit and quite a pain to my shoulders pulling out the one I had added that is way up under the deck on port side to check water level and do other maintenance.. I would love to redo my fuel tank (maybe change to a 15 gallon) so that it sits under deck and have the battery trays lined up at the stern.

10. Banned
    Next is an all aluminum main floor sprayed with Berliner to completely eliminate the cockpit area holding water after a rain new carpet front and rear. May possible convert the front deck to all aluminum as well. Go in for another back surgery in a month or so, so it will all be fall time hopefully

Next is an all aluminum main floor sprayed with Berliner to completely eliminate the cockpit area holding water after a rain new carpet front and rear. May possible convert the front deck to all aluminum as well. Go in for another back surgery in a month or so, so it will all be fall time hopefully
    Reading this post makes my own back hurt. Best of luck to you on your back surgery!
    - 2024 Lowe Stinger 178
    Mercury 115HP ProXS CT
    NGK Ruthenium plugs
    Garmin Force troller
    DD26 motor toter

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Extremeboating View Post
    Reading this post makes my own back hurt. Best of luck to you on your back surgery!
    Thank you second one in 2 years. Will be having them rest of my life. Sucks only being 31 but better than being paralyzed which I was only 1/16 of an inch from. Just have to take it in stride

Thank you second one in 2 years. Will be having them rest of my life. Sucks only being 31 but better than being paralyzed which I was only 1/16 of an inch from. Just have to take it in stride
    That's horrible man. I'm in the same boat as well. 31 and was mm away from being paralyzed as well due to back issues. We do what we can right?
    - 2024 Lowe Stinger 178
    Mercury 115HP ProXS CT
    NGK Ruthenium plugs
    Garmin Force troller
    DD26 motor toter

14. Banned
    That's right. It's weird but you almost get use to the constant pain. Everyone always comments on my limp now. I call it my pimp walk. I don't even notice it anymore

That's right. It's weird but you almost get use to the constant pain. Everyone always comments on my limp now. I call it my pimp walk. I don't even notice it anymore
    Ain't that the truth. All of it. I Definitely got one of those pimp walks as well and a cane too. People always comment on my limp. A lot of guarding going on often. On days where I'm doing better than others I appear perfectly normal, only to revert back to it in short order.

You do get used to the pain I agree. It sucks man, because it's almost like it's something you will have to live with for the rest of your life, but your body also becomes weaker as a whole because of it. Like your stomach becomes weaker and you develop odd food sensitivities that wouldn't be there otherwise if you were okay.
    - 2024 Lowe Stinger 178
    Mercury 115HP ProXS CT
    NGK Ruthenium plugs
    Garmin Force troller
    DD26 motor toter

16. Banned
    Yup I agree. Ever since my accident everything about my body has changed. I broke around 30 bones in my accident so it literally affected me top to bottom. Plus a bunch of internal injuries. My lungs and kidneys still aren't 100% I spend a lot of time dehydrated now even if I pound water all day