Utilizing the transducer in a Motorguide Xi5

I have been down the rabbit hole looking for the cable connector for a Garmin 12 pin connector to the Motorguide Xi5 6 pin connector. I cant get a view if any to which cable I need. It's very frustrating, here are some pictures of what Im talking about. Any help would be great. By the way the Garmin is an EchoMap Plus 93sv. The top one is from the trolling motor and the bottom is obviously from the unit.

20210529_115551 (2).jpg

20210518_113449 (2).jpg
    "Show me the water, I will fish."

2. Banned
    What you need is a MG to Garmin 8 pin adapter, made by motorguide. Then you need a Garmin 8 pin to 12 pin adapter, made by Garmin. I know silly isn't it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake T View Post
    What you need is a MG to Garmin 8 pin adapter, made by motorguide. Then you need a Garmin 8 pin to 12 pin adapter, made by Garmin. I know silly isn't it.
    Thanks for the assist!

I was able to locate both, yes 2, cables to make the transition from the Motorguide Xi5 to a Garmin 93sv. I know I won't get the same results as the transducer that is supposed to be used but this was my only alternative, short of putting the old trolling motor back on to utilize the proper transducer. Here are the part numbers if anyone is interested. They are as follows: Part number 010-11979-10 and 010-12122-10. These are per Garmin support.....

Quote Originally Posted by Bassguy2 View Post
    I was able to locate both, yes 2, cables to make the transition from the Motorguide Xi5 to a Garmin 93sv. I know I won't get the same results as the transducer that is supposed to be used but this was my only alternative, short of putting the old trolling motor back on to utilize the proper transducer. Here are the part numbers if anyone is interested. They are as follows: Part number 010-11979-10 and 010-12122-10. These are per Garmin support.....
    Update: The part number 010-11979-10 does not fit the MotorGuide connection for the sonar. Now these numbers were directly from Garmin....so back down the rabbit hole.

6. Member
    Wow, I’m so glad I’m not the only one banging my head against the wall for this! I just bought a boat that has the MG xi5 and I’m trying to find the adapters as well for my Garmin Echomap 126sv. Ive called MG and email Garmin. Both are no help. I have the Garmin 12 pin to 8 pin adapter but cannot find the MG 6 pin to Garmin 8 pin. I’ll keep looking and will keep you updated. Please do the same!

7. Member
    An you post a picture of the end of the Garmin adapter garmin 010-11979-10 that you bought?
    My trolling motor plug looks different from yours. Mine is blue and looks like a Lowrance plug.

Quote Originally Posted by arejaye View Post
    An you post a picture of the end of the Garmin adapter garmin 010-11979-10 that you bought?
    My trolling motor plug looks different from yours. Mine is blue and looks like a Lowrance plug.
    Yes, the 010-11979-10 adapter does fit the blue (Lowrance style) transducer connection coming from the MotorGuide. Bassguy2, it's been a whlie since I have dealt with an xi5 trolling motor, but I'm not familiar with the transducer connection you posted a picture of.
    Garmin Pro Team

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassguy2 View Post
    Update: The part number 010-11979-10 does not fit the MotorGuide connection for the sonar. Now these numbers were directly from Garmin....so back down the rabbit hole.
    Bassguy2 I will buy that garmin 010-11979-10 adapter from you if you still have it. Let me know.

10. Member
    I figured it out. What I did was SOLD THE DAMN MOTORGUIDE and bought a new Minn Kota! Good luck ��