Thread: Bad Resin Pics

Bad Resin Pics

Curious if anyone has any pictures of their boats, or a Cobra boat with the "bad resin?" I bought one as a project, the white on topcap has some parts that have yellowed, not oxidation, but it looks like it was possibly sprayed with clear in these areas. However I'm unsure if it's clear, or if it's bad resin and that is causing the discoloration.
    2002 gambler 2100
    2008 250 proxs

2. Member
    Is it delaminating?

Mine is white also and my hull gets discolored if I don't keep up with cleaning and waxing (which I could do better) and I have to use a hull cleaner on it by the end of each year. Maybe try a hull cleaner on it?

Tom

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TomM View Post
    Mine is white also and my hull gets discolored if I don't keep up with cleaning and waxing (which I could do better) and I have to use a hull cleaner on it by the end of each year. Maybe try a hull cleaner on it?

Tom
    This isn’t yellowing from oxidation or discoloration, it almost looks like an old clear coat but it isn’t flaking off. No delamination, I didn’t know if the only sign of bad resign was delamination or if discoloration is a sign as well.
    2002 gambler 2100
    2008 250 proxs

5. Member
    Picture would be awesome. Sounds like the dealer or someone put a clear coat on it. Thinking mid 80’s GM car paints