Remote drain plug

Phoenix doesn’t offer the remote plug as an option. Has anybody installed one on their Phoenix?

2. Member
    I would like to know how hard it would be
    LIFE IS GOOD
    STILL CAN'T CATCH A FISH.

3. Member
    I was going to put one on my boat, but the screw holes wouldn't match. 2015 phoenix 920pbx

4. Member
    Well, I did put one on my 721 and somebody else did to that had a good post on here. It's definitely not a plug and play type deal. I modified the stainless one that's on the boat from the factory to fit over the remote plug housing, which I modified too. It wasn't perfect but it worked and I didn't have to put any more screw holes in the boat. Just a little extra 3m 3400 to make sure it all sealed up. To do it the way I did it you will have to cut the threaded portion of the stainless plug off and grind out some of the little ribs on the backside of it. Then make the plastic housing of the remote plug fit inside that stainless piece.

5. Member
    I put one in a couple weeks ago. It was pretty straight forward. Yes, the drain hole in the boat is bigger and yes, the screw holes don't line up. The most important thing is to center the new remote plug in the larger hole in the boat. Instead of using the existing screw holes that are to the left and right of the drain hole, turn it so the screw holes are above and below the drain plug. That way you aren't fighting with the existing screw hole alignment. Make sure you fill the old screw holes with some silicon or marine tex and your good to go.
    2017 Phoenix 721 Pro XP
    2017 Mercury 250 Pro XS

Quote Originally Posted by Cattail22 View Post
    I put one in a couple weeks ago. It was pretty straight forward. Yes, the drain hole in the boat is bigger and yes, the screw holes don't line up. The most important thing is to center the new remote plug in the larger hole in the boat. Instead of using the existing screw holes that are to the left and right of the drain hole, turn it so the screw holes are above and below the drain plug. That way you aren't fighting with the existing screw hole alignment. Make sure you fill the old screw holes with some silicon or marine tex and your good to go.
    Thanks.