Thread: Mold question

Mold question

With the recent explosion of companies making soft plastic aluminum molds, why aren't they offering jig, spinnerbait, buzzbait head molds? I know cnc is more than the cast do it molds, but this hobby was never about saving money.
    When I look at the local tackle shop, every company has unique heads on their baits, just though there would be a market for the garage bait maker to make some ultra unique baits.

My guess is demand constraints. It’s hard to pay 150 bucks for a lead mold when you can pay 35 for something comparable. I have lots of cast lead molds but very few CNC. I know some of it is availability, though. Besides Shawn Collins Customs not much out there.
    2013 BassCat Cougar
    Serial # 1B962763

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrel3495 View Post
    With the recent explosion of companies making soft plastic aluminum molds, why aren't they offering jig, spinnerbait, buzzbait head molds? I know cnc is more than the cast do it molds, but this hobby was never about saving money.
    When I look at the local tackle shop, every company has unique heads on their baits, just though there would be a market for the garage bait maker to make some ultra unique baits.
    Post some pics of the jig, spinnerbait, and buzzbait heads on the baits you are trying to duplicate.
    2012 Stratos ChampioN 183 Elite
    Mercury 175 ProXS

4. Member
    I'm not trying to duplicate anything. just thought with all the new custom soft plastic molds coming out, maybe they would offer some new head styles. Almost ever bait company has their own head design, and though it would be cool for us garage makers to have something other that do-it

It's easy to mopdify a jig mold to make spinnerbaits/buzzbaits etc. Opens up your options.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

6. Netman extraordinaire Coosa Redeye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 21XDC View Post
    It's easy to mopdify a jig mold to make spinnerbaits/buzzbaits etc. Opens up your options.
    My Poisontail Molds make jigs, swimbait heads, vibrating jigs, spinnerbaits, buzzbaits, and punchweights.
    2015 Nitro Z8
    2015 Mercury Optimax 250
    2019 Chevy Silverado

Quote Originally Posted by Coosa Redeye View Post
    My Poisontail Molds make jigs, swimbait heads, vibrating jigs, spinnerbaits, buzzbaits, and punchweights.

It's a great head style. Plus if you use the swingtail mold, It has every size you need from 1/8 oz to 1oz

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

8. Moderator
    Mike do you have any molds you haven't modified?

Quote Originally Posted by plbass View Post
    Mike do you have any molds you haven't modified?
    Nope, Not even one. I’m not a fan of making baits that everyone else can make

10. Moderator

11. Netman extraordinaire Coosa Redeye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 21XDC View Post
    It's a great head style. Plus if you use the swingtail mold, It has every size you need from 1/8 oz to 1oz
    I have multiples of all 3 poisontail molds. ��
    Swingtail is also great for vibrating jigs.
    2015 Nitro Z8
    2015 Mercury Optimax 250
    2019 Chevy Silverado