Thread: Falcon owners

Banned

Falcon owners

I live in SC thinking about visiting the plant. Are you folks satisfied with your Falcons and what would you change? Are they comparable to Rangers, Skeeter, Phoenix etc? They all seem to be about same price

Thanks

Interested also. I'd like an honest review about any chine walk and most importantly, how does it ride and handle in rough water.

3. Member

2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

4. Member
    theres no walking in this boat unless your truly maxing out the speed to get every mph possible...I know of guys getting mid 70's and still no walk. Rough water is where they shine honestly. Overall they are great boats. They have minor issues as do all and I think falcon probably has most figured out by now. Tour the plant and you will be sold. Save yourself 20k+ on exact rig with phoenix!
    2019 Falcon 215 Yamaha Sho 250, Lithiums, X2, Poles, Ultrex, Birds, Mega 360 & Livescope.

Previous-2017 Falcon 205 Evinrude G2 250HO, Lithiums, Poles, Ultrex, Birds and 360.

5. Member
    I toured the factory twice. Once when a friend of mine was ordering his 215 and again when I ordered my 195. More impressive than what I saw is what I heard. I was lucky enough both times to tour with Opie and He was very informative, answered every question I had and even answered questions I had that I didn’t know I had. The quality control and quality inspections they do at each step of construction are amazing to say the least.
    HMC USN RET
    2022 Falcon F195/Merc 200 and all the goodies I could get on it.

6. Banned
    Looked at a 205 TE today. Why is there no lip on back deck lid to keep water from forming in bilge? Nice boat

7. Member
    What do you mean? When opening up the far back compartment? Are you talking about a lip on the lid somewhere that would overlay on the carpet so water couldnt come in? Ive had two Falcon's now and never an issue with water coming in the back compartments?
    2019 Falcon 215 Yamaha Sho 250, Lithiums, X2, Poles, Ultrex, Birds, Mega 360 & Livescope.

Previous-2017 Falcon 205 Evinrude G2 250HO, Lithiums, Poles, Ultrex, Birds and 360.

8. Member
    I have a 2020 F205 and honestly the small things that I would change are just me being OCD. I love the rocker switches, allows you to move them around (moved my bow tilt/trim switch so it's on the outside and can tap it with my toes).
    The boat rides like a dream and was right there with a 20PHX that I test drove as well.
    @bngolfen, I'm not sure why there isn't a lip there but it'd definitely be nice. The back deck floods if you don't feather it off plane so a lip would be nice so that you could add a seal but not necessary since it's just going into the bilge area.

9. Member
    @bngolfen, I'm not sure why there isn't a lip there but it'd definitely be nice. The back deck floods if you don't feather it off plane so a lip would be nice so that you could add a seal but not necessary since it's just going into the bilge area.[/QUOTE]

A good marketing man would call that an automatic bilge washdown feature. My old Allison had that feature.